Warthog throttle mapping

2-niner

Hello people,

Have anyone been able to configure the Warthog throttle so that the idle detent corresponds to the flight-idle of the Viggen? I've only been able to make the forward detent work for military power, but the throttle axis doesn't even seem to be mapped beyond the rear detent.

I was thinking that maybe someone who knows how to work the Target software could make some magic happen?

The rear detente is a switch, it is not part of the axis.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi 2-niner,

I believe I understand what you are asking for but to my knowledge there is no axis mapping aft of the rear detent, it is a switch position instead. There is no sensor measuring the exact throttle position between the rear detent and the rear stop.

Cheers, Hog No32

Thanks for the replies! I didn't know it was actually a button, good to know! But since it is - then shouldn't this be possible, at least with some help from Heatblur? If the "button" is pressed/held - throttle is in ground-idle, and as soon as it's released, then throttle is released and allowed to go to flight-idle or over.

I haven't looked into lua-scripting so can anyone who has say if this would be possible to do or not?

Thanks for the replies! I didn't know it was actually a button, good to know! But since it is - then shouldn't this be possible, at least with some help from Heatblur? If the "button" is pressed/held - throttle is in ground-idle, and as soon as it's released, then throttle is released and allowed to go to flight-idle or over.

I haven't looked into lua-scripting so can anyone who has say if this would be possible to do or not?

Buttons 29 and 30 on the Warthog Throttle correspond to the Idle-Stop setting on the right and left throttles respectively. Assign one of these (I would do Joy_Btn29) to the button called "High-pressure fuel valve (For HOTAS, Off if pressed)." No additional programming required. :thumbup:

Buttons 29 and 30 on the Warthog Throttle correspond to the Idle-Stop setting on the right and left throttles respectively. Assign one of these (I would do Joy_Btn29) to the button called "High-pressure fuel valve (For HOTAS, Off if pressed)." No additional programming required. :thumbup:

Pretty cool! It's not exactly what I wanted - but close :) Maybe one can take the lua code which does that and do the same thing but instead of going off letting it go to ground-idle? I guess I'll have to dig into the lua at some point and see if that's possible.

HP Fuel is a "clickable" item in the cockpit, whereas the transitions between ground idle, flight idle, and thrust are not. I'm not sure how to map that to a button, but a workaround could be to adjust your throttle curve to widen it at the lower end. This gives you a more definite separation between detents, and then you can just listen for them in-game to know where your throttle is.

HP Fuel is a "clickable" item in the cockpit, whereas the transitions between ground idle, flight idle, and thrust are not. I'm not sure how to map that to a button, but a workaround could be to adjust your throttle curve to widen it at the lower end. This gives you a more definite separation between detents, and then you can just listen for them in-game to know where your throttle is.

You're right, should have thought about that. Oh well, maybe it's more work than it's worth, it just seemed like a pretty obvious thing to want to have so I figured maybe someone would have a solution for it, but I guess not. Maybe sometime in the future then, if Heatblur implements support for it.