Can anyone help me test a MP training mission?

VIMANAMAN

I've designed a fairly simple P51 (only) MP training mission which I've tested, it seems to work fine but I need some help to test it from a 'clients' point of view - I can host it (well that's one of the things I'm testing, but can't see why it wouldn't work).

It consists of a red and a blue base with CAP, CAS and Groud Attack armed AC , together with simple naval and army convoys (1 each red & blue) as targets, plus the opportunity to dogfight. All defensive weapons are AAA or machine guns (no SAMS).

Initially I'm just looking for a friendly test pilot to let me know they can fly it and it works, and that it makes sense as a MP training arena.

I've got TS but don't know how to 'harness' a server. Also have Skype which apparently can be used as an alternative - failing that I'd be happy to type hello occasionally :)

I understand that it's best if we're globally local (from a connection speed point of view) - I'm in the UK.

Reply or PM whichever's best for you. This might be a short thread:)

For some reason I'm worried this might not be the right place for this kind of request (forgive me Mods if so:))

Edited by VIMANAMAN

Take a look at the last post on this thread, if you think tyou can work in this time zone, we can probably work with you on this.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=99578&page=3

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

available at 10 PM GMT tonight. We can test the crap out of it!!!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Take a look at the last post on this thread, if you think tyou can work in this time zone, we can probably work with you on this.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=99578&page=3

Hey Fakum - I'd seen your post before and was liking the sound of your setup - was just concerned about the time dif - I'll drop you a PM in the next day or two and see when you guys are getting together and see if your happy to have me along and if I can hack the time dif :)

Thanks

Hey BIll,

That would be cool mate if your still game tonight - have just got in - will run it at 10pm GMT.

Will Skype you.

Awesome.

Joining in 15 mins.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Let me know if you need help testing this out, the 4th should be able to get a few pilots up to help

Nice one Horseback-1 - really appreciate it. As this may not get off the runway can I leave your kind offer for this initial test - if all goes according to plan then that would be awesome in the near future dude.

Thanks again dude

no need. Join my teamspeak server

password PM'd.

Good game. We should do it again sometime. Cheers mate!

Good game. We should do it again sometime. Cheers mate!

Most definitely - that's awesome fun - thanks for your help with it & for walking me through set up of MP.

I'll improve the mission as best I can, and we'll have another go.

I'll also run it without a password soon, when it's tweaked a bit, so anyone who wants to join can - and see how that goes.

Thanks again Bill

Most definitely - that's awesome fun - thanks for your help with it & for walking me through set up of MP.

I'll improve the mission as best I can, and we'll have another go.

I'll also run it without a password soon, when it's tweaked a bit, so anyone who wants to join can - and see how that goes.

Thanks again Bill

No sweats mate. Listen, about the ping, the best ping I have is from UK and Germany. usually under 200 and sometimes under 100 during normal weekdays. Just remember that ping is good if its small, not big. :thumbup:

If there is space willing to help out,

Only done a few MP sessions.

But am looking for a nice place to get the most out this bird.

Hi Masje,

You'd certainly be more than welcome to join this mission for some MP whenever it's up - I need to develop it more first - it's seriously basic at the moment - But will do this before / on the weekend and then invite any and all. Might be a few basic rules but we'll see.

Once I am happy with it, the only problem then is time - I can't have it running loads as it's my only machine. I don't fly many week nights, I work too many hours :(, but most weekends it can be up if people are interested in our part of the globe. [edit: or from all over the globe if it works:) end edit]

The test yesterday was a success thanks to Bill's help - and it showed it's fairly easy to set your own 'server' up. Look into it if you want to fly MP, when you want to fly MP, if you follow :) Can offer basic advice if needed.

Cheers V

Edited by VIMANAMAN

You should consider adding some AI P-51 adversaries. Sorry if I asked before. Sometimes I don't recall last thing I wrote. Just leave labels on as an option (tick both squares before and after labels in mission options). Labels toggle by LShift+F2

Yeah that's a good idea for a training mission - I did try and flick Shift F2 - while we were flying yesterday but realised it needed to be set in the mission prep.

I'll do that.

[edit: and I'll add some AI adversaries, also some fixed positions to attack, like arti might be good - I'm on it]

Edited by VIMANAMAN