Gunnery Training

hit_a_tree

Hi,

I'm working through the tutorials and so far enjoying them. Apart from the Arial gunnery one, am I supposed to be able to shot down the other two Mustangs? I hit them loads of times and the game says repeatedly "He really felt that one!" and "Good hit" etc. But the planes take no visible damage and never crash. Is that what's supposed to happen, are they just bullet sponges?

On a slightly separate point they are too fast, it takes far to long to catch up to them. In short I like the game so far but this tutorial needs some tweaking!

Yeah it's real tuff to shoot them down isn't it - I've not flown that mission but generally speaking the damage model is a bit too robust at the mo - I'm quietly confident this will be resolved at some point before too long, maybe next update, maybe not, but soon I hope.

Good job for getting solid hits by the sounds.

Re speed: like I said I've not flown that mission, but 46' of manifold pressure and 2700 rpm (max continuous) is a good blend of power and durability, that and good trim should see you right. 50MP and 2800rpm is better again, but obviously you can't do that forever without something letting go.

Good hunting!