I fell the need....the need for speed!

gdotts

Being new to P-51 my biggest problem is in quick missions intercepting cargo planes. I come in close, down one plane and all the rest scatter or keep flying straight. NOW… I can’t catch up to anything! With full throttle, no flaps and I can’t seem get over 250-260 except in a dive which will put me on the deck with my intercept thousands of feet above me and out pacing me distance wise. What lever/switch do I need to enable/adjust to get some speed? Surely 250-260 is not the best a P-51 can offer in level flight? If it is adjust the carberator...where is that..how?? Please advise.

thank you

Check your manifold pressure and tach. If you are even down around 41 inches and 2700 RPM you should at least get around 300 mph. Be careful with your temps but as long as you keep up your speed and don't slam the throttle you should be able to get some good speed while in level flight. Like Smokey said above... make sure the prop RPM lever is in the proper position. Now keep in mind those Russian transport aircraft are pretty fast if they want to be. Catching them in a straight line can be tough.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

Being new to P-51 my biggest problem is in quick missions intercepting cargo planes. I come in close, down one plane and all the rest scatter or keep flying straight. NOW… I can’t catch up to anything! With full throttle, no flaps and I can’t seem get over 250-260 except in a dive which will put me on the deck with my intercept thousands of feet above me and out pacing me distance wise. What lever/switch do I need to enable/adjust to get some speed? Surely 250-260 is not the best a P-51 can offer in level flight? If it is adjust the carberator...where is that..how?? Please advise.

thank you

Where can I find this mission? What is the file name?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Floor your RPM first to 2800 RPM and set MP to 50 inHg. You should now be ahead of him.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.