my mustang wing breaks off why?

skydevil

I've been trying to fly my newly purchased mustang but I end up spiraling out of controll because my wing breaks off. Why is my wing breaking off? no enemy combatants to shoot it off, it just breaks off after the cockpit shudders. I have no idea why, am I flying it wrong?

It generally happens after I try a loop or a roll, if that helps.

Edited by skydevil

I've been trying to fly my newly purchased mustang but I end up spiraling out of controll because my wing breaks off. Why is my wing breaking off? no enemy combatants to shoot it off, it just breaks off after the cockpit shudders. I have no idea why, am I flying it wrong?

It generally happens after I try a loop or a roll, if that helps.

I'd speculate you're exceeding the max wing load because you have bombs/rockets/drop tanks attached. Can you provide us with a track?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Made in the USA

:yay:

(runs and hides) :D

G-Forces?

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

I'd speculate you're exceeding the max wing load because you have bombs/rockets/drop tanks attached. Can you provide us with a track?

Hi and thx for the replys

I am completlly new to this sim and sims in general so excuse the noob question but what do you mean by track?

That means you are pulling too much g. The airframe of the mustang can only withstand 8g IIRC.

Quite possible I am playing with a keyboard at the moment till my flight stick arrives, so I am possibly pulling back too hard at too high a speed. Is there a g force instrument in the cockpit?

After you finish the flight by plummeting into the ground the next screen says that you can view the track or save the track. A track is essentially a full replay of your last flight. If you post the saved track in here it allows viewers to see what you're doing and they can also jump in and take control as well on their PCs

After you finish the flight by plummeting into the ground the next screen says that you can view the track or save the track. A track is essentially a full replay of your last flight. If you post the saved track in here it allows viewers to see what you're doing and they can also jump in and take control as well on their PCs

ok thx i will do this but i have to get ready for work at the moment, cheers everyone.:doh:

Quite possible I am playing with a keyboard at the moment till my flight stick arrives, so I am possibly pulling back too hard at too high a speed. Is there a g force instrument in the cockpit?

The buffeting and shaking is your warning signal that you're pushing things too hard. The P51 requires a light touch so it may be hard to get this level of control using the keyboard (never tried it myself).

Edit: Removed incorrect bit. Sobek is correct - the accelerometer shows the G forces (pg. 71-2 of the manual)

Edited by Foul Ole Ron

"Accelerometer

The AN-5745 accelerometer indicates the load factor (G forces) acting on the airframe. The gauge is graduated from -5 to 12G and is scaled to 1G throughout. The instrument includes three needles to indicate current G, and maximum and minimum G readings recorded since the last reset. The Reset knob is used to reset the maximum and minimum needles. To operate the Reset knob, perform a left mouse button click over it. Two Red Lines indicate maximum permissible loads of -4G and +8G"

P.S. I recommend that you first read the manual ...issues will be less:smilewink:

Edited by Veles

I cant tell ya how many wings I snapped before I started to really look at airspeed etc,, Im getting better not doing it the more I pay attention to it.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I must admit, I've only ever broken the wing once and that was an intentional attempt to see just how much it took.

For me, the Mustang is not something you fly by instruments - she is to be flown by feeling and understanding of the aircraft. I know personally, I never really have to look at the guages unless I'm at a critical phase such as landing. She really is nice to fly, she just takes a little time to get used to :)

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

The buffeting and shaking is your warning signal that you're pushing things too hard. The P51 requires a light touch so it may be hard to get this level of control using the keyboard (never tried it myself).

Edit: Removed incorrect bit. Sobek is correct - the accelerometer shows the G forces (pg. 71-2 of the manual)

If you're flying fast enough and you pull hard enough on the flight controls though you might just break the wing so quickly that you don't get any noticeable buffeting or shaking. I don't know how fast the keyboard will actuate the stick, but it's just best to bear in mind when you're going fast (primarily when you're in a dive) that you should keep your movements on the calmer side.