Crash (must be memory management)

Zayets

First solid crash on 2.5.0 for me. I had crashes during the years but I was expecting them in a way. This time is on a fairly easy mission I made, no big stuffs. My system is pretty much high end : i7 8th gen, 32 GB RAM , 1080Ti, all SSD and M.2 (in fact DCS is installed on its own 512GB M.2 disk ). It crashed while looking through F2 at one Huey.

For what is worth, attached is the crash dump (running open beta).

BTW, the crash is consistent, mission crashes everytime there.

dcs.log-20180423-002454.zip

Edited by Zayets

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi thanks for the log, the team will take a look at it.

If you have not already, remove any unofficial modifications and run a cleanup and repair

I have a guide in my signature.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi thanks for the log, the team will take a look at it.

If you have not already, remove any unofficial modifications and run a cleanup and repair

I have a guide in my signature.

thanks

Thanks for the answer. I don't use mods as I prefer vanilla DCS especially when building missions for everyone to use.

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Thanks for the answer. I don't use mods as I prefer vanilla DCS especially when building missions for everyone to use.

Yes same for me, prefer vanilla.

if you have the crash after the cleanup and repair add your fresh logs for the team

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yes same for me, prefer vanilla.

if you have the crash after the cleanup and repair add your fresh logs for the team

thanks

I just deleted the Huey group from the mission and all is good. Just to recap what I did, I had initially added a Chinook pair to land at point for 5 minutes and then changed my mind (as USMC is not known for their Chinooks) and switched them with Hueys, same waypoints and tasks. Then it crashed exactly at the same point everytime.

Which means I can't give team a log after cleanup and that would probably mislead investigations. If you can get something out of the log I sent, that would be a bonus , if not then also good, thank you for checking nevertheless.

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]