"RADIO TRANSMISSION" nil argument

NOALB

Apologies if it's been reported already (or is just on my end) but couldn't find anything in search.

When creating a trigger with a RADIO TRANSMISSION action in the ME, the NAME argument is left as nil unless something is entered (or entered and deleted) in the NAME: field. Leaving it as nil seems to break its functionality.

To reproduce:

Create a new trigger and add a 'RADIO TRANSMISSION' action. For me, the default values produce the following string:

RADIO TRANSMISSION (, , false, Off, 124, 100, nil)

now put the cursor in the 'NAME' field, enter a character, and delete it. Note that nil is replaced with an empty string value. If you test the mission before and after replacing the nil value, you can see that leaving the field as-is breaks the transmission.

Looking at the mission file in the resulting .miz shows several changes occurring when the fix is done, but I have no idea if the value being nil is what causes the issue or if something else is being updated when this is done.

Leaving it as nil seems to break its functionality.

Not only does it cause the Radio Transmission to not work, I've found that leaving it 'nil' causes a cascade effect where other ME triggers 'break'

I assume that it needs a reference/name to identify and run the code properly. Just name it (and again I assume it needs a unique name) then you will have no problems. A similar one is if you run a script as a Advanced Waypoint Action. The script requires a name or you break stuff.

Edited by prccowboy