JF-17 radar strength.

Max1mus

The JF-17 radar shows up way stronger than all other DCS fighter radars on RWRs that detect range, like the F-15s or more clearly the SPO-15 on Su-27.

The F-15 and F-16 go from one bar from full to full bar nails/STT at around 15km on the SPO-15. Even the F-14 does it below 20km. It seems weird that JF-17 radar has such a powerful output when it should be comparable to F-16.

Would be nice if this could be investigated.

Edited by Max1mus

Would be nice if you could provide any (real) data to Deka. Not just using other module as a benchmark.

Maybe like this :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273271

There is no data. At close distances some aircraft radars should even cause an active missile launch warning, among tons of other things. I dont care avout that.

Just please model the Jf-17 radar consistently with the rest of the sim. This is by far not the only issue (hot/cold detection/tracking modelling incomplete, undefeatable tracks unless you notch or mask) but still a relevant one.

The JF-17 radar shows up way stronger than all other DCS fighter radars on RWRs that detect range, like the F-15s or more clearly the SPO-15 on Su-27.

The F-15 and F-16 go from one bar from full to full bar nails/STT at around 15km on the SPO-15. Even the F-14 does it below 20km. It seems weird that JF-17 radar has such a powerful output when it should be comparable to F-16.

Would be nice if this could be investigated.

What the RWR shows doesn't match what the RADAR can see.

The JF-17 can see an E-3A at nearly 100 NM, but can only see an F-14 at maybe 45 NM.

RWR seems too sensitive generally. If I'm near an aircraft launching missiles, I get missile warnings for missiles that aren't even near me.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

You sure it’s not MAWS?

I think it might be. More distracting than I expected if in formation (line abreast at even 1 NM of a friendly launching missiles).

I also kept getting RADAR LOCK warning even though he had locked onto the enemy aircraft. I went defensive a few times because of this (he was behind me in this case).

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Yeah, Maws scan see everything past 3/9 line, so even abreast it can be triggered

Yes... I'll keep that in mind for the future.

• 3 weeks later...