So still no news about AG radar,SLAM,and new FLIR function?

flankerjun

with the release of SC,Does ED's promise about new feature will release with SC?

通过我的 V1955A 上的 Tapatalk发言

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calm down. These threads don't make anything happen faster.
+1

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

I'd give them the weekend to get their ducks in a row Flankerjun. They just did a media blitz with their newest EA product. Odds are if you don't see a video of the other features by Tuesday, you're looking at another 2 weeks or so until their release.

They were supposed to be released 16 days ago but still no news.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Wrong. There has been news about forthcoming features for the F/A-18C in a developments calendar which the CEO of ED took time out to communicate the forecast for developments. That was less than a month ago.

And if you knew anything about software development, you would know promises mean nothing without a crystal ball to discover all the unexpected bugs well in advance of not expecting them.

So all in all, a pretty futile gesture.

Wrong. There has been news about forthcoming features for the F/A-18C in a developments calendar which the CEO of ED took time out to communicate the forecast for developments. That was less than a month ago.

And if you knew anything about software development, you would know promises mean nothing without a crystal ball to discover all the unexpected bugs well in advance of not expecting them.

Luckily they found a bunch of kids landing F-16 on carriers to beta test that thing. :thumbup:

Gone for good.

ED is always careful to say they do not make promises, only report current expectations and forecasts of release progress.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Well, they did say that these features will come with the next OB, so they should arrive with the SC. Should.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

This is a pretty ignorant comment regarding software development and dates.

Wrong.

Answering to me about 20th release date of super carrier?

If so, that is reason why the closed beta of super carrier is in the hands of content creators and they have made already dozens of videos of it.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I don't get it. Do some people think that ED are purposely working slowly so, if these people b-tch about it, ED will pick up the pace to make them happier? Is that how some people work at their job? There is absolutely no reason why Ed is not working as fast as they possibly can. XYZ will be ready when XYZ is ready. Instead of wasting everyone's time, study, and learn, and fly something else, until XYZ is released.

I don't get it. Do some people think that ED are purposely working slowly so, if these people b-tch about it, ED will pick up the pace to make them happier? Is that how some people work at their job?

ED were quite happy working the F/A18 and F16 in parallel until concerted moaning about the F/A18s development pace - especially in light of EDs "work on the F16 won't delay release of the F/A18 promise" prompted them to allocate resources back to the Hornet and give a hard date of it moving from early access (even if not featuire complete)

So yes - strong customer feedback can cause ED to allocate resources accordingly - so speeding up of slowing down development on certain projects...

Why wouldn't it...what company completely ignores customer feedback?

The key problem is the forum feedback is completely skewed - the most vociferous and vocal are on Multiplayer (far more ED users are single player) ditto those on open beta constantly calling for week on week fixes and updates (more than twice as many ED users on stable branch) and VR users (substantially less than 10% of user base) being given unwarrented resources...

Listening to the forum you'd imagine that DCS was predominantly multiplayer, with most users on open Beta...with a substantial VR user base...when in actual fact the complete opposite is true.

Airbag_signatur.png

• ED Team

Hi all

We have a closed beta version of DCS in testing. We also have press release versions for super carrier in the hands of you tubers and media.

We can not make promises about anything, and it is best to wait for the patch notes on the 20th before commenting on what is in the patch or not.

Know the teams are working as hard as they can, even while they are all stuck at home, which is slowing things down a little.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

honestly in past years i was quite worried about development progression too.

but...now after the last months of patches, i really fear every patch will degrade even more the already poor performance.

i feel like every match can be the last one. its an horrible feeling.

Hi all

We have a closed beta version of DCS in testing. We also have press release versions for super carrier in the hands of you tubers and media.

We can not make promises about anything, and it is best to wait for the patch notes on the 20th before commenting on what is in the patch or not.

Know the teams are working as hard as they can, even while they are all stuck at home, which is slowing things down a little.

thanks

That kinda sounds like we shouldn’t expect SLAM, finished TGP, JDAM improvements or A/G radar on Wednesday....

If that’s the case, it’ll be best to be upfront now, because many are expecting those things based on Kate’s last communication. I can see dissident from many here, and elsewhere, if the patch comes without at least some of those things. Rightly or wrongly.

Hi all

thanks

The last Hornet Mini-Update stated

1. Completion of the Litening Targeting Pod (to be delivered with next update)

2. Dynamic launch zone, AUTO mode for JDAM (to be delivered with next update)

3. AG radar. MAP + Fixed Target Track (FTT) (to be delivered with next update)

4. SLAM air-to-surface missile (to be delivered in next update)

are coming in the next release which is essentially a promise. If that wasn't the intent, then words should be chosen more carefully to avoid setting the wrong expectations with customers.

Silence on everything but the super carrier and the statement from you "we can not make promises about anything" just leads to the assumptions that ED is not able to keep its development schedule and that ED thinks so little of its customers that it can't be bothered to tell them. It's likely already known which of the 4 features above (and new F-16 features) are going to make the patch. If it isn't known, then someone isn't...well, if ED were my company I'd be making a lot of internal process changes.

IMHO, ED just doesn't like to deliver bad news and simultaneously underestimated the complexity of the SC, F/A-18, and F-16, while over estimating its production capacity. My opinion doesn't matter. What does matter is how customers are communicated with. We've seen some positive public relations steps recently and it would be shame to see ED go back to the duck and cover method of delivering news that development goals aren't being met. Complaints will be made no matter what ED does, but clear consistent communication with the right level detail detail will do more for positive customer relations than imagined.

• ED Team
That kinda sounds like we shouldn’t expect SLAM, finished TGP, JDAM improvements or A/G radar on Wednesday....

If that’s the case, it’ll be best to be upfront now, because many are expecting those things based on Kate’s last communication. I can see dissident from many here, and elsewhere, if the patch comes without at least some of those things. Rightly or wrongly.

Hence why I have said it is best to wait for the patch notes, it maybe a close thing.

Teams are working hard from home, which has its own challenges.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi BN, I think the crux of the matter is the accumulated disappointment when we hear that features won't make it in only a couple of hours before the OB drops.

I wouldn't mind knowing that the developers can't finish it this week, at least they're still working on it.

The last Hornet Mini-Update stated

are coming in the next release which is essentially a promise. If that wasn't the intent, then words should be chosen more carefully to avoid setting the wrong expectations with customers.

Silence on everything but the super carrier and the statement from you "we can not make promises about anything" just leads to the assumptions that ED is not able to keep its development schedule and that ED thinks so little of its customers that it can't be bothered to tell them. It's likely already known which of the 4 features above (and new F-16 features) are going to make the patch. If it isn't known, then someone isn't...well, if ED were my company I'd be making a lot of internal process changes.

IMHO, ED just doesn't like to deliver bad news and simultaneously underestimated the complexity of the SC, F/A-18, and F-16, while over estimating its production capacity. My opinion doesn't matter. What does matter is how customers are communicated with. We've seen some positive public relations steps recently and it would be shame to see ED go back to the duck and cover method of delivering news that development goals aren't being met. Complaints will be made no matter what ED does, but clear consistent communication with the right level detail detail will do more for positive customer relations than imagined.

100% Agree

Hence why I have said it is best to wait for the patch notes, it maybe a close thing.

Teams are working hard from home, which has its own challenges.

Surely it shouldn't be that close to the wire at this stage. Someone knows, in all likelihood whether those items are good enough to be released. We appreciate these are strange and difficult times but this GO/NOGO situation regarding a greatly anticipated update isn't exactly new territory for ED.

Expectation management is key here and it seems to be lacking. It's a continuing trend.

Unpopular opinion: Delay SC release until the Hornet additions are ready. We get one comprehensive and crowd pleasing update out the door successfully. It'll do ED no end of good will in the long run. Break the trend of continual disappointment for the very patient Hornet customers out there.

Edited by AvroLanc

Surely it shouldn't be that close to the wire at this stage. Someone knows, in all likelihood whether those items are good enough to be released.

From what Wags said, I would presume that it's good enough to be released -- BUT -- if sometime between now and release they discover that it interacts badly with something else that's being added/changed when they put everything together it might not get included. They've had that before where a serious bug pops up at the last second and means something isn't included. If BN says it's in the patch today and it doesn't make it then some freak out that it was "promised" and they didn't get it. It's a no win situation for ED.

Just relax... We know more at 20th day and meanwhile we can go outside and have some fun in nature away from others....

Or go to YouTube watch some aviation videos...

ED has plenty on their table and they can't bend to every single small wish that someone would get accelerated for next patch.

Personally I am happy for communications when they are positive or negative, as it just is life. But silence is frustrating.

Even if it would coffee table discussions from ED part, their ideas, problems, delays, successions, breakthroughs etc... No need to give a scheduled that what day, week or even month. But would be nice to hear that they are in schedule for this year or this summer etc.

But maybe it is just me, as I am more interested about progress than completion. Meaning it is interesting to study how things had gone better and why something took longer. Why history is part of my interest overall.

But what I wouldn't ever want to learn from ED part is a modern kids manner to work in offices, having fun, fooling around at the work times, etc...

As I honor more of the actual working people even at construction sites, than office workers who just want to party in their life's.

Why I am happy to be ignorant how ED business goes in office.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.