Upgraded Mig-29

Guest Guest

From the news post:

"Due to both an Open Beta and Release version of DCS World being released last week to support the Free Weekend, there is no update for this week. However, on 10 October we will release the updated MiG-29 Fulcrum for Flaming Cliffs 3! This will include a Professional Flight Model (PFM), updated cockpit, and several new cockpit system functions. This will be a FREE update for Flaming Cliffs 3 owners! For those that do not own Flaming Cliffs 3, we will also make it available as a separate purchase."

Wonder what those will include (hopefully the waypoint indication at least). Can't wait to try the 29's PFM, though. Finally!!

yeah finally!!!!!!

I could even abbandon the f18 and get back to my favourite loved RED-SIDE !!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

The mig29 PFM will be a new life for the whole DCS world IMHO!!!!!!

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the f18 and f15 will be devastated haaaahaah

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I wonder, does this mean that they will be releasing the PFM for all three versions of the MiG-29 at once? I suppose that in theory the A and G variants would have the same external airframe, but doesn't the MiG-29S have some external differences like the dorsal hump?

I wonder, does this mean that they will be releasing the PFM for all three versions of the MiG-29 at once? I suppose that in theory the A and G variants would have the same external airframe, but doesn't the MiG-29S have some external differences like the dorsal hump?

The dorsal hump is in the SMT version, not available in DCS

I wonder, does this mean that they will be releasing the PFM for all three versions of the MiG-29 at once?

Don't know.

I suppose that in theory the A and G variants would have the same external airframe,

Not a theory - they do. The "G" is an "A" with minor cockpit instrument modifications(for NATO compliance).

but doesn't the MiG-29S have some external differences like the dorsal hump?

Yes it does, but thats not relevant to PFM - it has the same aerodynamics and control surfaces. But the MiG-29S has a modified flight control system, which would affect PFM.

JJ

IIRC the MiG-29 is limited to 4.5G with a CL tank. Wonder if that's modelled? *EDIT: Or was it until CL tank was empty?.* I think it was mentioned in an article by an F-18 exchange pilot flying MiG's in luftwaffe. Might be a local limitation to extend servicelife.

Edited by Svend_Dellepude

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

IIRC the MiG-29 is limited to 4.5G with a CL tank. Wonder if that's modelled? *EDIT: Or was it until CL tank was empty?.* I think it was mentioned in an article by an F-18 exchange pilot flying MiG's in luftwaffe. Might be a local limitation to extend servicelife.

G-limit of +4 /-1.5 when feeding - none when empty.

Speed restriction of M1.5 when carrying CL tank regardless of full/empty(drag issue).

JJ

G-limit of +4 /-1.5 when feeding - none when empty.

Speed restriction of M1.5 when carrying CL tank regardless of full/empty(drag issue).

If we notice such a limitation with CFL in the PFM of Mig-29. Then the F-15 climb exaggerated performance plus other terrific move just after take off WITH 3 Fuel tanks must be tweaked as well. The rights for all together.

We are happy to get better performance and suddenly came out to remember the G’s limitation, no mention about what. “Fuel Tanks”

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If we notice such a limitation with CFL in the PFM of Mig-29. Then the F-15 climb exaggerated performance plus other terrific move just after take off WITH 3 Fuel tanks must be tweaked as well. The rights for all together.

We are happy to get better performance and suddenly came out to remember the G’s limitation, no mention about what. “Fuel Tanks”

You never ease off, do you? :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Thanks!

You are welcome :)

Some other in case you are interested ;

Wing tanks: +6 / -1 when empty, +4 / -1 when feeding - speed restriction M0.9.

R-27R/APU-470(on inner wing stations): +8 / -1.5 - no speed restriction.

R-73/P-72-1D: +9 / -1.5 - no speed restriction.

Anyway, these limits are not systemic, but just directions for safe operation. So other than drag/weight impact by stores, its not something ED can "model" for the PFM.

JJ

Guess the Mig29 PFM would be part of upcoming MAC.

upcoming mac and free update for FC3 owners as well, it's stated in the news.:thumbup: