MiG-23MLA external model WIP

OverStratos

SPO-10 showing lock direction as IRL please. Also saw a video of MiG-23 flight with SPO-10 showing one locked threat and another one just illumination from another direction(don't know how does it relate to docs). Also, correct me if I'm wrong, it shows distance to threat with blips repetition frequency. So SPO-10 is fine to be default.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

SPO-10 showing lock direction as IRL please. Also saw a video of MiG-23 flight with SPO-10 showing one locked threat and another one just illumination from another direction(don't know how does it relate to docs). Also, correct me if I'm wrong, it shows distance to threat with blips repetition frequency. So SPO-10 is fine to be default.

If we get special option to choose between SPO-10 and SPO-15, then I think the SPO-15 should be the default as that was the standard for soviets at the time. The SPO-10 was there as well but in some odd variants.

So it would be possible to simulate different eras and countries.

Of course again the SPO-X is less useful without proper mission briefing, GCI, wingman and SAM network.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

You should probably post that up in the M3 mig21 section. As it stands the SPO-10 on the mig21 is pretty worthless, and doesn't do anything you describe. Especially when locked (all lights go on) otherwise you get blinking lights from radars in whatever direction (usually all of them if you are flying anywhere since you are surrounded by radars).

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

If we get special option to choose between SPO-10 and SPO-15, then I think the SPO-15 should be the default as that was the standard for soviets at the time. The SPO-10 was there as well but in some odd variants.

So it would be possible to simulate different eras and countries.

Of course again the SPO-X is less useful without proper mission briefing, GCI, wingman and SAM network.

Yeah, soviets often sold older versions of gear to less trusted "comrades". Be cool if we had a version with both as options as they probably both did exist IRL.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You should probably post that up in the M3 mig21 section. As it stands the SPO-10 on the mig21 is pretty worthless, and doesn't do anything you describe. Especially when locked (all lights go on) otherwise you get blinking lights from radars in whatever direction (usually all of them if you are flying anywhere since you are surrounded by radars).

Nop, this was fixed months ago. You get all the lights turning on only if the radar that's locking you is very close.

They are going to add a few options to represent field modifications available to customers, so you'll be able to fly with either SPO-10 or SPO-15, and the option to mount or not the countermeasures.

source please. thanks.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Nop, this was fixed months ago. You get all the lights turning on only if the radar that's locking you is very close.

Hm, its been a while since I flew the mig, I'll have to double check, but its been mostly worthless for me historically. Does it operate like the other guy said?

Hm, its been a while since I flew the mig, I'll have to double check, but its been mostly worthless for me historically. Does it operate like the other guy said?

Yep. You have to enable it in special options though (it's called experimental features). I'm not sure about signal strength (I always assumed it's like the Viggen, where the frequency is a proxy for the frequency of the emitter), but it definitely shows the direction when you are locked up.

source please. thanks.

Yeah, they said that quite a while back. You'll have to search/trawl the thread to find it, but that was mentioned long ago by Razbam.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

It doesn´t mean that DCS MiG-23MLA will be the Iraqi version, but that players will have the possibility as an option to mount these features on the aircraft.

So which version will it be?

So which version will it be?

Angolan :pirate:

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

I just wanna fly the libyan "frankenmig"

mig-23.jpg?resize=540%2C445&ssl=1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

neither

Well which one. Or Is it seekrit?

Well which one. Or Is it seekrit?

I think he was clear before. You will have the option to convert the ML export version into ML improved version in mission editor. So you will get what mission designer set.

I believe the only exported version for that improved version was the Iraqi version. But Also there is the export MLD version for Bulgaria.

Overstratos, do you plan some customized option in mission editor for a Bulgarian MLD or that will become a too big difference in flight performance?? As this Bulgarian brought some avionics from Soviet MLD.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is a non-export MLD in Finland, under private collection as far I understood. The man who owns it maintains it as manual states.

Razbam would have all opportunities to contact that man and try to get a agreement to get modeling full MLD variant in working condition. He is selling it for 120 000€ AFAIK, but only for such one who will take responsibility to as well maintain it in working condition.

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

There is a non-export MLD in Finland, under private collection as far I understood. The man who owns it maintains it as manual states.

Razbam would have all opportunities to contact that man and try to get a agreement to get modeling full MLD variant in working condition. He is selling it for 120 000€ AFAIK, but only for such one who will take responsibility to as well maintain it in working condition.

Yeah but is it complete or is it gutted of most of the combat electronic systems? (Very typical for warbirds)

I just wanna fly the libyan "frankenmig"

mig-23.jpg?resize=540%2C445&ssl=1

Lol, more infos about this one?

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant