AI..... Any proposed upgrades? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-26-2020, 01:27 PM   #11
bilbosmeggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXsenna View Post
I shouldn't be laughing, but thanks Bilbo! I was written in a very fun way. And I feel you!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
No worries. I did try and find some humour in my darkest hour
bilbosmeggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:35 PM   #12
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel_chw View Post
OK, I was just pointing out a fix, because I really believe that just complaining won't really help ... and you seem to be far from a newbie, and a simple editing of the parking spot assigned to the AI would be within the grasp of a user with 7 years of experience.
I admit I'm lazy, I could probably Google. And you're probably right, so could you explain just how to do that? Currently in Spring Tension campaign for the Mi-8, and Deployment campaign for the Ka-50. Whenever there is a mission with a wingman on a FARP. He spawns on top of me. I have tried to fix this, but it seems I can't drag the my wingman to another "landing spot". Both in Mission Editor, and mission planner. But I'm able to drag the FARP around. And if I just drag it a tiny bit. Problem's solved. But I shouldn't be able to drag the FARP around in the planner, should I? Anyway. I usually do it in ME, and saves it, so I have found my fix, annoying as it is. But, I can't seem to move my wingies. Oh. Seems to me this only happens on FARPS. Not airports.
Apart from this. How will your fix work when the AI crashes into you when taxiing? In DCE missions for example. Ain't no mission editor for those. I don't mean to be a smartass. I'm really curious, because I know you have ME knowledge. I am enjoying a lot of you're work!
Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
MAXsenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:34 PM   #13
Livers

Quote:
OK, I was just pointing out a fix, ...
How does that help in a paid campaign?

Dell T5500, X5687 CPU @3.6 GHz, 48GB DDR3, Zotac GTX 980, Windows 10 Pro. TMWH throttle & stick. Alienware AW3418DW monitor. TrackIR 5 with UTC MkII Pro clip. VKB Mk. III rudder pedals.
Livers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 06:02 PM   #14
bilbosmeggins

Somewhat curiously, this thread has been moved to the wish list forum. It shouldn’t require a wish that the AI work at it’s most fundamental level, surely. Maybe move it to one of the Bugs forums at a push, lol.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:53 PM   #15
Eldur
Veteran

Quote:
OK, I was just pointing out a fix, because I really believe that just complaining won't really help ... and you seem to be far from a newbie, and a simple editing of the parking spot assigned to the AI would be within the grasp of a user with 7 years of experience.
I wonder if it was a mission that is part of a module or campaign sold. Then this clearly is something that has to be fixed.

At least it's great we can modify things with the ME as a workaround, and switching some parking spots isn't all that hard.

But I still fail to understand what an ATC is in this context. I doubt that is the guys you're talking to around airfields... otherwise it'd be certainly a Layer 8 problem if someone kept crashing into the tower constantly and blaming others who got their coffee spilled as well

Bottom line: The AI needs a lot of improvements anyway. And it begins with very basic things like units being able to see and shoot though forests or even keep tracking planes that cover behind hill ridges. Let alone clouds...
Old 06-26-2020, 08:51 PM   #16
bilbosmeggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldur View Post
I wonder if it was a mission that is part of a module or campaign sold. Then this clearly is something that has to be fixed.

At least it's great we can modify things with the ME as a workaround, and switching some parking spots isn't all that hard.

But I still fail to understand what an ATC is in this context. I doubt that is the guys you're talking to around airfields... otherwise it'd be certainly a Layer 8 problem if someone kept crashing into the tower constantly and blaming others who got their coffee spilled as well

Bottom line: The AI needs a lot of improvements anyway. And it begins with very basic things like units being able to see and shoot though forests or even keep tracking planes that cover behind hill ridges. Let alone clouds...
Lol! Sodding acronyms. I meant an APC, a bloody big jeep thing
Old 06-30-2020, 06:16 AM   #17
stormridersp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldur View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur8mPQpVF-0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEb0zMQAmnc

Wishlist:
AH-64
F-15E
F-117A
stormridersp is offline   Reply With Quote