Engine shutdown constinuously

Huilque151

Hi Guys,

I've been constantly flying the module these last weeks and my engine has been shut down many times. At the moment I reduce power, slowly or quickly, when I descend or when I fly level with or without rain, with or without storm, with or without clouds. I have used the engine heater and the ignition continues and the same goes out, I tried without using it and also in some occasions. The problem seems to be random.

Thanks for the attention! bye.

Do you have ECU ( Engine Computer Unit) ON?

Are you exceeding maximum ITT of 831°C for 5 minutes in the C-101EB?

Other than that, except you are in a mission with thunderstorms, there should be no reason for engine shut down, except some very specific cases like prolonged time under negative Gs.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

in general i start with the airplane hot so the ECU its on/automatic mode and i dont turn off.

The descents I've been making vary between 1000/2000 FPM and I have not submitted engine fire notices, just the engine start to loosing RPM and shutdown. I adhere to the speed and ITT recommendations in the manual. In one occasion the engine turned off on the ramp while I set up the navigation.

The next few days I will be constantly flying the C101 EB if this problem arises again, I will share the tracks. Thanks!

I assume there is no warning in the cockpit before engine shutdown, since you didn't mention it, right?

No, not any warning light before, just after.

In this moment i cant upload any file because this problems accurs 1 or 2 weeks ago and in that momento i dont record any track. In one week i will come back to my PC and i will tray to get any data.

Somes friends how was flying activelly the module did have this issues, but with less frecuency.

Regards!

• 1 month later...

Hola

Disculpad que no os escriba en inglés, me resulta más fácil explicarlo en Español.

Creo que puedo reproducir el error de apagado súbito del motor en esta mision que os adjunto. Nosé si será fallo mio, pero creo que pasa lo que describe Huilque151.

El avion vuela con normalidad durante los primeros 4 a 10 minutos, después un cambio en la palanca de gases que suponga aumentar o disminuir 1/4 o !/2 de potencia hace que el motor se apague y la presión de aceite se quede en 0.

Es posible rearrancar el motor en vuelo, pero al menor cambio de la palanca de gases se vuelve a apagar. No hay ninguna alerta previa al fallo en los paneles de avisos.

Esto ocurre el 100% de las veces en ésta mision custom con el C-101CC. La mision original es para el SU25.

También he observado que en algunas ocasiones durante los fallos de motor, los dos anemómetros quedan en 0, funcionano unicamente el indicador de Mach.

He probado con el antiice del pitot y del motor, y a reducir los vientos de la misión. Pero el resultado es el mismo.

Adjunto un pantallazo y la misión. Espero que sirva de ayuda.

¡Gracias!

c101 Ataque a tierra .miz

371394643_Sinttulo-1.thumb.jpg.fc0e3935c9ec3bbf15cb9492a223d637.jpg

There is thunderstorm set in that mission. Change it to rain and all will be good, if you use anti-ice system.

I copy paste my own message from some months ago:

In the middle of a thunderstorm, ice accretion can be so high that even anti-ice system is not able to cope with it, and that is what we also have coded. Unfortunately right now in DCS there is no option to set thunderstorms in a certain area, it is just thunderstorm on or off in the mission.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png