DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

First of all HELLO! This is my first thread, i'm new but i also believe that i have new ideas that will change flight sims to better i suppose, so i will try to help you build the ultimate flight sim as all the other members do.

Thread explanation: I'm opening this thread in order to let you express all your needs (personal opinions, recommendations, thoughts) by some way to make the best - ultimate flight sim ever: DCS Series

Of course this will be possible only if admins - moderators let me do it. So i'm asking if this thread is OK? Anyway i believe its going to be very usefull for dcs producing team to know what people wants...

So lets begin...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Parachutes are like minds.. They work better when they are open..

whin they finly releas the DCS black shark. I will be happy.

That is all

CAT OUT:smilewink:

• Like 1

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

So lets say that i expect to see these... sooner or later DCS builds (as i heard game engine is still in the works)

1. Realistic human animations (infantry men, pilots, even when you eject)

2. Realistic graphics - FX (generally)

3. Realistic Maps

4. Multilayer co-op and aircraft sharing (like fsx)

5. AWACS & Air Traffic Control

6. Pilot Records, achievements and medals (also in online)

By adding more features into gameplay its going to be atractive to gamers even from other game genres, that would be a good marketing move.:greedy:

Keep up the good work, don't forget, you already made the best combat flight sim: lomac, and soon with DCS Series you will go even above of Micro$oft's fsx experience.

I know i'm maniac...:geek:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

from everything of the game to lockon...

DCS is not trying to attract the average gamer...

the average gamer dose not want to spend 5-10 mins on a start up sequence, let alone to read a 500 page manual..

the average gamer wants instant gratification...i.e. ace combat or some other,

but i hope there is more appeal to the average gamer that what i have just mention..i like my buddies on it also...but im just stating the troof

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

from everything of the game to lockon...

DCS is not trying to attract the average gamer...

the average gamer dose not want to spend 5-10 mins on a start up sequence, let alone to read a 500 page manual..

the average gamer wants instant gratification...i.e. ace combat or some other,

but i hope there is more appeal to the average gamer that what i have just mention..i like my buddies on it also...but im just stating the troof

right...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I detect sarcasm in the air - but: Yes - I briefly made my 12 year old try it & he enjoyed it a lot (& he hates flight sims :-)

But it's not an arcade : Full Simulation binary - there's scalability in between, that will suit a range of users, and the campaign system & triggers should make for good re-playability.

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

• ED Team
Black Shark does offer an "acrade mode" which makes things a lot easier.

I noticed at the SimHQ show last November that the quickest newcomer to helos to learn how to fly it was a 10 year old, beating several veteran fixed wing flyers!

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

whin they finly releas the DCS black shark. I will be happy.

That is all

:lol:

My first idea when I read the question;)

I just wanna see the final Version installed on my PC and a lots of Aspirin when I read the Handbook:book::cry::D

@Weta43: There should be only one Setting: 100% real ;)

Edited by Duke49th

7. Overtake Microsoft ESP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0duATUWDcaU)

8. Release official SDK for further aircraft development (like fsx)

9. Extensive aircraft skin support

11. Ability to enhance image with filters (just like Glowing Amraam did, its going to give an even more cinematic experience)

12. Realistic buildings - surroundings (live breathing world - moving cars e.t.c.)

13. Replay editor

More ideas coming...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- I should like to see DCS's avionics surpass F4:AF in terms of complexity and accuracy. Especially ground radar modes (A10c, F16c).

- I hope they improve the GUI! ..LOMAC's gui and menu system is u.g.l.y and unintuitive.

- I hope that multiplayer support is considered as an integral part of the product.

- I hope they consider making a cli driven dedicated server executable once DCS reaches LOMAC in terms of aircraft available.

The stuff that has been announced (3rd part tools etc..) is completely awesome, and bodes very very very very well IMHO :)

Edited by nemises
  • Like 1

- I should like to see DCS's avionics surpass F4:AF in terms of complexity and accuracy. Especially ground radar modes (A10c, F16c).

- I hope they improve the GUI! ..LOMAC's gui and menu system is u.g.l.y and unintuitive.

- I hope that multiplayer support is considered as an integral part of the product.

- I hope they consider making a cli driven dedicated server executable once DCS reaches LOMAC in terms of aircraft available.

The stuff that has been announced (3rd part tools etc..) is completely awesome, and bodes very very very very well IMHO :)

Yes thats right... GUI is a bit... but in DCS this will change i suppose.

Dedicated server eh... just like COD4 nice!!!

3rd party tools??? I didn't knew about that... it seems its going to be awesome...

14. Bullet holes & cocpit damage

15. Realistic engine & secondary system failures

16. High G forces effect on pilot (+-g)

Edited by Dr. Mitsos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd also like to see a more intuitive GUI, allthough I'm getting used to LO's GUI it was quite confusing sometimes before..

I think it'd be nice if I could place symbols, notes, draw killboxes etc on the briefing map. As well as display pictures and videos as part of the briefing, and having these things work the same for coop mission briefings.

I think those things are very important because if used well by the mission designer, it can take the immersion alot further..

For me from what I heard DCS is all I wanted. But I agree with some of the previous posts that DCS GUI design could be better a bit. How about refreshing it? Any chance to see box/cd cover concept? It should keep the line with GUI. Just don't take it too seriously. Me? Would be much happier to see DCS right now :D

Well I'll wait till it arrives before deciding what else I want from it....

So I'm completely with the I want it in my DVD drive, and nothing else.

But I also want a finished product! Not one that's full of bugs, and if it takes another 12-months than so be it...

-- Ready to get bashed now :)

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

I dont want to burst your bubble Dr. Mitsos, but if they are going to release DCS:BS this year I dont think they have time to add alot of new features...

Try to see this as a whishlist, not features that anybody demands. BS is in feature freeze for some time now so, as you stated, this would be useless.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

OK how bout this. The ABRIS suported for a toch screen. No not tuch buddy but have the hole thing on a second or theard screan like the Shkval. That would be great for pit builders.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

^^ allready available according to WAGs ...

Check his last update post from about 3 or 4 weeks ago, indicating it now supports full screen output to seperate device for Shkval AND ABRIS.

Whether it's a touchscreen or not is immaterial to the SIM, as it won't know the difference!..a screen is a screen :)..the touch part is just mouse emulation I think.

I "believe" several beta testers allready have 3 screen setups with Main view in center, Shkval left monitor, ABRIS Right monitor on touchscreens.

If not, they damn well should!..I sure will once it's out! :)

personnally i'm not a big partisan of the too realistic humans its my personal opinion and you're perfectly allowed not to agree with it , as i've already said in another forum i play lock on to shoot at targets not to play an horror film

things i would like to see there are so much of them i've seen that Ed has included the Leclerc tank in DCS which as a french was one of my greatest expectations other things as i've said there are a lot like that bigger map to give aerial refueling all its meaning , bombers playable with several players multi , more active subs , why not playable transport plane which could give a cool coop dimension to the game , Beriev Be-12 etc etc ..