Hello,

I have the commonly known problem: My missles won't get released.

I am playing the trainingsmissions. All my other keybindings are working. Shooting the gun works and everything else. And yes, I have pressed the button longer than just a flick. I pressed it seconds.

I have the target designated, I have the shoot queue, I hear the tone, I see the message, the weapons are armed, but pressing (and holding) the button won't release the weapon (neither sidewinder nor AMRAAM).

I checked if the keys are working, keyboard and joystick are both assigned to this command.

But nothing happens. I can't even finish the trainings missions...

I hope somebody has a clue...?

AA weapons are launched with the trigger in the Hornet. Verify that you are using the trigger and not the weapons release button (pickle).

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

verify your MASTER ARM switch is in the ON position, then press the TRIGGER (not weapon release) button.

as stated above, for AA weapons you need to use the trigger; for AG weapons you use the weapon release button.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

And as stated above:

- I am flying the Air to Air Trainings, where als this has been pre-selected by the training

- Master Arm is on (and has been checked anyhow - has been disarmed and rearmed - has been switched to A/G and back to A/A)

- Trigger as well as Weapon Release Switch has been pressend and hold down

- In no training any Missile want to be shot

The A/A Weapon Select Switch should have placed him into A/A Mode automatically when selecting a weapon.

But a track would help more than anything else at this point.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

What do you mean by track? A video or how can I send you a track? If you tell me how, I will do so.... :thumbup:

Do a flight in which the problem occurs, make it as short as possible so people don't have to sit through too much.

On the screen when you exit, it shows all the events (blah fired missile at blah etc) and down the bottom there is a "SAVE TRACK" button.

Save it and upload here and people will be able to see what is happening.

The most common problem regarding not being able to shoot your weapon

1). master arm need to be switched on

2). the hornet have two fire buttons.. maybe you configure your joystick button wrong, or maybe you configure a wrong axis.

Also be aware that often when the hornet is updated, then your controls dissaper and you have to load your settings again.

It can be that your buttons where unassigned after a patch

3). did you try several aa or ag weapons... reason a few of the aa ones are for training and i dont think they actual fire. ( i dident use them ).

All in all if you select an aa weapon then you can actual fire them without having a lock.

maybe try to use of the the tutorial missions and see if your plane can fire, since its loaded with weapons that work and already configured and ready to go. :)

I can't quite say what the problem was.

But after testing again yesterday in the sim, everything worked as it should - even in the trainings.

Weapon Release for Bombs

Trigger for Missile / Gun

Press it firmly and it works.

Before everything was working, every keybinding, every button, but not the trigger. I guess there was a misconfiguration or a program blocking space in the sim.

So:

Solved without changing anything...

• 3 years later...

Same problem here.

Trigger and Release weapons assigned to joystick. master Arm ON, A/A or A/G mode, pressing either one does nothing.

All set for sim mode. Bought F-18 2 days ago.

Tried for half a day, nothing.

DCS running not in full screen mode ( no checkmark in OPTIONS/SYSTEM tab)

I am about to quit.

Buttons assigned, show actions when pushed, but no action, see screenshots. Wtf? It should not be THAT hard.

TEMP1.jpg

TEMP2.jpg

Edited by arb65912

Try a different mission or plop a Hornet down in the editor and test it. I took control in your track, and for some reason none of my binds/axis were working correctly (my TDC axis were somehow tied to the stick).

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

From the main menu, select Mission Editor:
- Select 'create new mission'
- Select 'Caucasus' and OK
- Left sidebar menu select the aircraft icon under OBJ (looks like an F-16 from the side)
- Airplane Group menu on the right, change the type to 'F/A-18C Lot 20' (changing the Task is optional)
- Left click somewhere on the map to place the aircraft (defaults to air start at 2000m)
- Change Skill to 'Player'
- Airplane Group menu, select the Payload tab (icon looks like a missile from the front or a tilted crosshair) and either select a premade payload (current Task affects visible payloads) or add weapons under 'Mission payload'
- Select 'Fly Mission' on left sidebar menu (green circle with an arrow)

REAPER 51 | Tholozor

11 minutes ago, Tholozor said:

From the main menu, select Mission Editor:
- Select 'create new mission'
- Select 'Caucasus' and OK
- Left sidebar menu select the aircraft icon under OBJ (looks like an F-16 from the side)
- Airplane Group menu on the right, change the type to 'F/A-18C Lot 20' (changing the Task is optional)
- Left click somewhere on the map to place the aircraft (defaults to air start at 2000m)
- Change Skill to 'Player'
- Airplane Group menu, select the Payload tab (icon looks like a missile from the front or a tilted crosshair) and either select a premade payload (current Task affects visible payloads) or add weapons under 'Mission payload'
- Select 'Fly Mission' on left sidebar menu (green circle with an arrow)

I did almost like you said, except I edited fast action mission. 🙂