Additional Call sign mod

Airogue

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Have an of the recent DCS updates broken this mod? I just installed for the first time and although the new callsigns show up in the ME, none of the custom audio is playing. Sound files appear to be in the correct location, but all I hear is "Two-One taxi to runway" instead of "Devil Two-One"

Tried with multiple aircraft as well.

I appreciate all the hard work, this is really a vital mod.

Callsigns in the stock game have been broken for a while now. They come out as a number (instead of the callsign/name) and then the order in the formation. Just as you've typed above.

Add another to the long list of broken base stuff.

There is a version that works perfectly in the latest open beta of 2.5.5.

Base mod:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302236/

And improved audio files for the base mod:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302698/

There are some that are already in use in DCS and I made my own OvGME install version from these mods. I ended up with 72 new call signs for fighters/tankers/AWACS. You can edit the lua files to get the desired results.

As the author states the only downside really is that its the same voice, but it works well in my opinion.

@Nightstorm

I replaced my original sound files with your improved audacity enhanced sound files to Version 1.1

Folks will only need to download the "base mod" now as it incorporates the change. Thanks for re-recording those. Could you share your audacity settings used to get the radio sound effect or even do a little pdf tutorial?

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Nightstorm

I replaced my original sound files with your improved audacity enhanced sound files to Version 1.1

Folks will only need to download the "base mod" now as it incorporates the change. Thanks for re-recording those. Could you share your audacity settings used to get the radio sound effect or even do a little pdf tutorial?

For clarification, I wasn't the one that re-recorded those. I just shared the links :)

Author - bmezzflat9

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302698/

I noticed that when additional callsigns are added to the db_callnames.lua file, the speech generator substitutes a number for the .wav file that corresponds to the callsign position in the callsign dropdown list in the ME group applet (which duplicates the list sequence tn the db_callnames.lua file). Example: If you choose Dodge 2 as the callsign and Dodge is listed fourth in the dropdown list, ATC will address you as 4-2-1. Played around with numerous variations of the .lua file and CallSign folders, with NO success. Probably a lost cause unless DCS fixes it. Too bad.

I suspect the speech system was altered to accommodate the new CVN LSO speech under development.

I noticed that when additional callsigns are added to the db_callnames.lua file, the speech generator substitutes a number for the .wav file that corresponds to the callsign position in the callsign dropdown list in the ME group applet (which duplicates the list sequence tn the db_callnames.lua file). Example: If you choose Dodge 2 as the callsign and Dodge is listed fourth in the dropdown list, ATC will address you as 4-2-1. Played around with numerous variations of the .lua file and CallSign folders, with NO success. Probably a lost cause unless DCS fixes it. Too bad.

I suspect the speech system was altered to accommodate the new CVN LSO speech under development.

Concur.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 years later...