VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Thanks all

@Biga42 You'll need to update your VA profile with the FINISH steps, see manual.

@Marcel Options/Take commands working fine here, perhaps check if it's mission/module-specific.

@fabio.dangelo Well lots of new stuff to test, so for now I'm gonna go with the 'two more weeks' default :D

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hi i had to do a reinstall of my windows 10 :( and i cant find my pro licence key is there a way of recovering it from their site?

T.I.A

Smoke :thumbup:

EDIT: Disregard found it

Edited by smokedog77

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:joystick: PC Specs: i9 9900K, 32GB DDR4, 1080TI :pilotfly:

How to disable the in game menus completely?

Whenever you use a command like "inbound" or "request "taxi" etc DCS still opens the comms menu on screen, how can this be disabled?

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

What are most of you gents using for PTT? Are you letting the software operate via joystick? I have it using my throttle (X56) but would like to simplify it down to one button - auto?

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

Using the hat switch on the side of my TM Warthog throttle. Down is comm1 and up is comm2. Seems to work well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-----------------------

i9 9900K | Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB | 64 GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA HDD | 850 Watt Power Supply with Liquid Cooling | Thrustmaster F/A-18C Hornet™ HOTAS Add-On Grip | TPR Pendular Rudders | Warthog Dual Throttles | Track IR5 | Foxx Mounts Stick and Throttle | Massdrop AKG K7XX w SBX G6 DAC | Corsair K70 RGB Platinum | G903 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse | Acer XR382CQK

@Wolf333 I am using the same switch as Tusker, but forward/back instead of down/up, works like a charm.

In case it is useful for someone, I was struggling with the F-16 because only the UHF radio seemed to work even if in the configuration window everything was OK (the software correctly associated TX1 and TX2 to the 2 radios and my bindings activated the correct node): I found an old message by Hollywood_315 that suggested disabling SRS PTT Mapping in the preferences, I did it and can confirm it works!!! :thumbup:

Now I can use both radios, also nodes are mapped "correctly" with TX1 activating UHF radio and TX2 activating VHF (in the F-16 radios have a different logic than other aircrafts).

Thanks again for this masterpiece software, I really could not imagine playing DCS without it anymore. :clap:

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

@ Hollywood, BlueRaven, Tusker - Good info, gents! Thank you. Will try tweaking when I get off work.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

@Thor_H Use Disable Menus on the preferences tab (you can still access the menus using Options command).

@Wolf333 If you want to use a single PTT button for all modules, set your Mode dial on the PTT page to SNGL and choose any TX to bind your button to.

1st, thank you for the swift reply.

2nd, thank you for vaicom pro, its awesome!

3rd, i have disabled the menus as you describe but it still comes up whenever i use the commands mentioned, seems like it does that when its part of a multipart command chain if that makes any sense?

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

3rd, i have disabled the menus as you describe but it still comes up whenever i use the commands mentioned, seems like it does that when its part of a multipart command chain if that makes any sense?

Which modules are you flying?

Also, it might be worth trying to set the Use custom DCS path in the VAICOM Config tab if you haven't already - just point this to the root directory of your installation. This certainly cures an issue when the comms menus flick on and off

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

May sound obvious, but... are the buttons you use to activate VA bound also to comms functions inside DCS controls configuration, by chance?

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

May sound obvious, but... are the buttons you use to activate VA bound also to comms functions inside DCS controls configuration, by chance?

The in game "communications menu /" is not mapped to any button other than the default keyboard command.

Which modules are you flying?

Also, it might be worth trying to set the Use custom DCS path in the VAICOM Config tab if you haven't already - just point this to the root directory of your installation. This certainly cures an issue when the comms menus flick on and off

Tried doing that, same issue. As far as i can tell it happens to all modules i fly. FC3, Mil-mi8tv2, Mig-15Bis, Mig-19P, Mig-21Bis, Ka-50. Can't speak for all the "western" planes, even tough i own most of them i never or rarely fly them.

I am using the "options" callout to close the menu but it is very distracting, especially during landings and take-off-

I have just tried with FC3, Mil-Mi8 and Ka-50 and cannot get the menu to appear with any of them on the settings I have (I tried the commands you mentioned and some others) - will have a look at my Vaicom / Voiceattack settings to see if anything else springs to mind

As a thought, are you running in debug mode (first option on the Vaicom Config tab) - if you have are there any clues in the Vaicom log file?

Edited by hornblower793

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

The in game "communications menu /" is not mapped to any button other than the default keyboard command.

Tried doing that, same issue. As far as i can tell it happens to all modules i fly. FC3, Mil-mi8tv2, Mig-15Bis, Mig-19P, Mig-21Bis, Ka-50. Can't speak for all the "western" planes, even tough i own most of them i never or rarely fly them.

I am using the "options" callout to close the menu but it is very distracting, especially during landings and take-off-

Dont worry about the \ button. do you those buttons that bringing up the menu set as transmitting uhf/vhf comms? I dealt with this so many times.

I have just tried with FC3, Mil-Mi8 and Ka-50 and cannot get the menu to appear with any of them on the settings I have (I tried the commands you mentioned and some others) - will have a look at my Vaicom / Voiceattack settings to see if anything else springs to mind

As a thought, are you running in debug mode (first option on the Vaicom Config tab) - if you have are there any clues in the Vaicom log file?

Ran in debug mode, the only thing that stick out is with FC3 there are quite a few "no tuned unit" messages in the log window.

Like this: 11:07:34.820 TX1 | R-862: Radio 0 000.000 MHz: no tuned units.

Edited by Thor_H

When I am at my desktop running Vaicom Pro, I hear the audio feedback - squelch sound - when I push to talk.

However now for some reason in DCS, I no longer get that audio feedback.

I had a look in Vaicom settings but do not see anything deselected in there that might cause this.

Any ideas?

I am running latest version of Voice Attack and Vaicom Pro.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

When I am at my desktop running Vaicom Pro, I hear the audio feedback - squelch sound - when I push to talk.

However now for some reason in DCS, I no longer get that audio feedback.

I had a look in Vaicom settings but do not see anything deselected in there that might cause this.

Any ideas?

I am running latest version of Voice Attack and Vaicom Pro.

I have had that happen and it was something as simple as my "volume mixer", i use win10. right click speaker icon right bottom of your screen and look at the volume mixer settings.

Same thing. I was not getting any audio feedback, and went into Win 10 mixer volume and made the adjustments. I also use Viacom Chatter so that volume is controlled from the UI pop-up box. Also, check that your in-game cockpit volume is set to your liking as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-----------------------

i9 9900K | Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB | 64 GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA HDD | 850 Watt Power Supply with Liquid Cooling | Thrustmaster F/A-18C Hornet™ HOTAS Add-On Grip | TPR Pendular Rudders | Warthog Dual Throttles | Track IR5 | Foxx Mounts Stick and Throttle | Massdrop AKG K7XX w SBX G6 DAC | Corsair K70 RGB Platinum | G903 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse | Acer XR382CQK

I have had that happen and it was something as simple as my "volume mixer", i use win10. right click speaker icon right bottom of your screen and look at the volume mixer settings.

Thanks but no that was not it, as I mentioned I have the sound just fine at desktop, only in DCS does it disappear.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

And all of a sudden i cant hear any chatter anymore......

Re-direct sound

I am using DCS World F18 with VoiceAttack. I have my sound setup to output in my headset/mic; however, when I issue a command, e.g., Request Startup, the answer (sound) comes out of my THX external computer speakers rather than my head set. How can I get all sound to come through my headset, including any response after I issue a command. Moreover, how can I keep the text from my issued commands, and the answers from showing up in the upper left of the screen--I now have sound and no longer need the text.