Problem with Warthog Throttle

You sure? The handle and shaft are one and the same - it's one piece of plastic.

The play is where the bottom of the shaft becomes the lift mechanism, as far as I can tell.

Yeah, I was looking at it slightly differently. I see what you mean.

I can tell you that in 5 months or so of use on the testing units, it has just never shown up as a problem flying. As Joe said, you need to anal-yze (split for emphasis) to see it. Whatever slop is there, the thing still feels head and shoulders above any other throttle I've used (though I admit I haven't tried some of the newest alternatives) in terms of control smoothness and accuracy. No match for the Cougar in ergonmic feel, but functionally...wow.

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "wobble Hijack”, was me mate. I wish i hadn't opened Pandora’s box! The base issue here is for us all to gain familiarity quickly with what is, after all, a completely new piece of kit. Knowing what is a design limitation (the tiny play), and what is pretty obviously a fault, (broken switch. Etc.), will help us all.

Rasputin’s issue was demonstrated as hardware when he plugged into a different machine IMO. That’s black and white.

Return to vendor. Don’t even bring TM into it.

Now can you all please stop examining your throttles under a microscope :joystick: and just enjoy the damn things. They are amazing pieces of kit. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

try unistalling the USB ports and shutting down your comp. when you turn it back on windows should re-install them and hopefully you will be all set. My external hard drive was not be recognised by windows untill i did this.

Already tried that, but thanks.

Thrustmaster support contacted me again, within 24 hours and send me a calibration program for the throttle. But how can i calibrate a throttle which isnt even recongnized by windows??? I´m gonna send it back tho the vendor now.

Well, it seems that I have had the same bad luck as you Rasputin. My throttle just stopped working today. I noticed it when I started up my computer and the LEDs didn't turn on. I went into the "Set up USB game controllers" control panel and the TM Warthog throttle wasn't there. The TM Warthog stick is visible and so is my Cougar MFDs but not the throttle.

I have also tried on another computer but it is the same there as well.

I have sent a mail to the Thrustmaster Support to see if they can come up with something to help me.

I am not looking forward to sending the throttle back to the vendor because I live in Sweden and I bought it from SimWare in Belgium. It will take almost a week to get it there and about the same time to get a new one back. At least two weeks without any flying is almost unbearable.

*Sigh* :(

Okay Rasputin, let me know how your contact with TM support turns out. I will post an update here when TM gets back to me.

I have already contacted SimWare as well and asked for a replacement. Lets see what happens when TM and SimWare answere. But as you say, this is not looking good.

Now I have been in contact with TM support, France and they couldn't do anything to help me other than give me an RMA and let me send the throttle back to them for repair or an replacement. I asked for information on how to reset the firmware (like pushing a button while simultaneously connecting the throttle to the computer) but they couldn't help with that either. They told me that there will be an updated firmware/driver in 2 weeks from now (more or less as they put it) and I could choose to wait for that if I wanted to. But I don't really know if that is all there is to it so I rather think I will send it back to them. I was promised a new throttle if TM couldn't reflash it either.

Well, 2 of them from simware ? I bought from simware and i REALLY hope it doesn t happen, i live in Brasil and a shipping out and in would cost me another Warthog.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Well, 2 of them from simware ? I bought from simware and i REALLY hope it doesn t happen, i live in Brasil and a shipping out and in would cost me another Warthog.

You do know about SimWare's warranty policy? They will pay your shipping costs back to them up to the price of their original delivery charge to you. They may not be the cheapest place to buy from, but it does give you peace of mind. This is the reason why I am buying from them....I live in Australia.

Now I have been in contact with TM support, France and they couldn't do anything to help me other than give me an RMA and let me send the throttle back to them for repair or an replacement. I asked for information on how to reset the firmware (like pushing a button while simultaneously connecting the throttle to the computer) but they couldn't help with that either. They told me that there will be an updated firmware/driver in 2 weeks from now (more or less as they put it) and I could choose to wait for that if I wanted to. But I don't really know if that is all there is to it so I rather think I will send it back to them. I was promised a new throttle if TM couldn't reflash it either.

Got the same email yesterday. I already shipped it back to the vendor to get a replacement.

Not sure about foreign laws, but in the UK you have statutory 1 year vendors warranty on all electrical goods so if anything goes wrong with mine, its back to Amazon, not farting arouind trying to get sense out of TM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Absolutely agree with you Coolts!! I bought an X-Box from PCWORLD and it developed a (common) problem so I took it back and they said I had to send it back to the manufacturer. I don't bloody think so matey! YOU send it back!!

Then it broke a further 3 times and I was getting pretty pi$$ed by now and when I took it back AGAIN, the fruitcake told me "because we've replaced it so many times, we can't do anything about it anymore". Hahahahaa, 9 months into it's warranty. You can imagine what I said.

Haldrauds also tried to get me to go to the manufacturer when my TomTom broke. I explained to them that I bought it from Halfrauds, not TomTom. I guess there's a lot of people who do exactly as they're told by their supplier. More fool them.

PC SPECS :

* Intel i7 920 @ 4Ghz | P6T Deluxe V2 | 32Gb DDR RAM | GTX 1070i OC 8 Gb | H50 Water Cooler | Velociraptor 150Gb | Samsung SATA II 1Tb and Samsung 860PRO 512| Prolite 1080p 24" | Logitech G-19 | TM Twin MFD's | TM Warthog | TIR 5 (soon) | Windows 7/64 | My PC | My Blog | My Bikes

• 1 month later...

Well I'll join the club, still reading this thread but my throttle after working flawlessly for the past four weeks has stopped working as well. Joy stick still recognized, just not seeing the throttle at all.

Edit: I was going to do that firmware update, but it warns you that if you aren't seeing it on your computer then you can't proceed so no joy on that...

Edited by Yoni63

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]HP d5000T/Vista SP1/Intel® Core 2 Quad CPU Q9490 @ 2.66 Ghz 3.00 GB Ram/32 bit OS/Nvidia GeForce 9500GT.

Well I'll join the club, still reading this thread but my throttle after working flawlessly for the past four weeks has stopped working as well. Joy stick still recognized, just not seeing the throttle at all.

Edit: I was going to do that firmware update, but it warns you that if you aren't seeing it on your computer then you can't proceed so no joy on that...

That firmware was released a number of weeks ago. You didn't update earlier?

No, didn't see it til I started hunting for FAQ's in relation to this throttle issue. It has to be a mfg flaw of some sorts, for three of us to have the exact issue. I got mine from BLT logistics, so I guess I'm going to have to go through their return process. Man, this stinks.. it was really working great yesterday :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]HP d5000T/Vista SP1/Intel® Core 2 Quad CPU Q9490 @ 2.66 Ghz 3.00 GB Ram/32 bit OS/Nvidia GeForce 9500GT.

Just my luck.. I'm 32 days into my ownership of this since the shipping date. I'll see what BLT says, but I bet I'm going to have to ship to TM for a replacement...

Just my luck.. I'm 32 days into my ownership of this since the shipping date. I'll see what BLT says, but I bet I'm going to have to ship to TM for a replacement...

Work with Thrustmaster I sent my dead throttle to them and they had it fixed and returned within 2 weeks.

Thanks Paul, I heard from BLT who immediately passed me on to TM as I figured due to the 32 says past shipping LOL. I think I'd rather work with TM anyhow on it since it's not an isolated thing. Thanks again for your reply.

That's NOT good news, TM are going to really have to look into how safe the firmware is from damage on these things (when there are also circumstances of not being able to recover from it either).

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

Feel for you guys.

Firmware update "did" for my Joystick and it's on it's way to TM in France as we speak. Hopefully I'll get another one sent out before Xmas and Beta 4.

(Mind you I'm glad that I kept my Cougar for my RCS and the Warthog Joystick works well in the base.)

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

Wow so the firmware WASN'T a saver then. I don't feel so stupid now. Still sucks we are all grounded.. or at least I am. :(

Just updating in case this becomes epidemic.. Got instructions this morning from TM along with firmware file. No joy upon completing their instructions. Sent them another email and waiting for further instructions now.