Hornet Missions (wish list)

capthaltli

Wanted to brainstorm future missions for the Hornet. Input and ideas welcome.

RAG - Fleet Replacement Squadron (not sure what Map would work best, thinking NTTR, even though the Charlie RAG is at Oceana, VFA-106)

• Missions include
    FAM Flights
    Formation (day/night)
    AAR
    BFM
    ACM
    AG
    FCLP
    Day CQ (Normandy map)
    Night CQ (use Normandy map?)

Nugget - Welcome to the Fleet (all carrier based)

Syllabus and quals to include wingman tasks, weapons use, and flight lead task. Would need a former or current Hornet pilot to maybe outline all the quals pilots get when they are in the fleet.

Navy Fighter Weapons School - TopGun (NTTR would work best, wish we had Fallon)

Syllabus includes ACM, BFM, AG that mimics NFWS syllabus. Would be cool that if you finished this mission you received a 'virtual' NFWS patch, and could be a patch wearer in MP.

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

Nothing to add, except that I would love to see all of you suggestions. Would be a lot of fun!

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

RAG - Fleet Replacement Squadron (not sure what Map would work best, thinking NTTR, even though the Charlie RAG is at Oceana, VFA-106)

• Missions include
    FAM Flights
    Formation (day/night)
    AAR
    BFM
    ACM
    AG
    FCLP
    Day CQ (Normandy map)

Syllabus and quals to include wingman tasks, weapons use, and flight lead task. Would need a former or current Hornet pilot to maybe outline all the quals pilots get when they are in the fleet.

Syllabus includes ACM, BFM, AG that mimics NFWS syllabus. Would be cool that if you finished this mission you received a 'virtual' NFWS patch, and could be a patch wearer in MP.

Yep, some great ideas right there. I particularly like the "Nugget - Welcome to the Fleet" idea.

:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

• Missions include
    FAM Flights
    Formation (day/night)
    AAR
    BFM
    ACM
    AG
    FCLP
    Day CQ (Normandy map)

This is beautiful - take the player through the (flying) career of a modern-day F/A-18 flyer!

It would be awesome if there were a way to "lock" the TOPGUN campaign until after one "real" campaign is complete, since TOPGUN is something done typically between an NA's first and second deployments.

FYI - TOPGUN is no longer "Navy Fighter Weapons School. It's now the Navy Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor (NSFTI) program. :thumbup:

Another thread of ideas for a mission could focus on Carrier Landing Challenges.

Some ideas include:

CASE I/II Ops:

• Varying winds (light, strong, axial, port, starboard)
  • Pitching deck
  • $HB competition (>500 knots, 500ft, 0.5NM break)
  • Groove and interval precision (must follow interval AI traffic in pattern correct distance and stay in groove correct time)
  • No HUD
  • Single engine
  • Sun glare off deck or IFLOLS (Clara approach)
  • Break the deck (judge time to enter the break based off AI launching off carrier)

CASE III Ops:

• CV1 approach flown and timed correctly with AI traffic on approach
  • Moonless night
  • Night in the barrel (LSO auto calls wave off or simulate hook skip to force multiple attempts)
  • Pitching Deck
  • No HUD
  • Single Engine
  • Mode 1

Anyone have any other ideas to add to the list?

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25