Gear up / down spontaniously

Mud

Has anybody else encountered the gear lever randomly going up or down in DCS 2.2?

I had it a while ago standing short of the runway while doing pre-takeoff checks. Then today I had the same thing again after being airborne for 1 hour.

It's pretty frustrating, and I've checked my controller setup and nothing apart from the switch I have set up on my Warthog throttle is bound to the gear up/down toggle.

So the only things I can think of is either a software glitch, or my throttle having a malfunction.

Mud

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

It's not bound to an axis. It's in fact bound to the autopilot 3 way path / alt switch.

If none other reports the same here, I can only assume something wrong with my throttle.

I should maybe fly some in 1.5 to see if I can replicate there. But like I said, I've had it after 3 minutes and then the other time after 1 hour.

Spoiler

Check your dcs.log (it is written to the save games\logs folder after every trip).

You may find that the USB devices are randomly re-initialising during flight. I have the same problem and have had to stop using my 2 & 3-way switches as a result. This is a problem that arose about 18 months ago, after the hot replugging of devices was introduced by DCS.

Thanks for the info, flyco.

I didn't notice anything in the log that would point to that though.

If I have some time, I'll slap on two wing tanks tonight and see if the same occurs in DCS 1.5

Spoiler

I use the exact same configuration files in 2.x as in 1.5.x. I've never had any such erratic issues.

I'd suggest changing the button operating the landing gear to something completely different. EG set 'Toggle Raising/Lowering Landing Gear' to <Space>, and delete any setting to landing gear from joystick and throttle. Then observe if and when something with the landing gear happens.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I just reproduced the problem:

Started up the Mustang and let it run idle on the ground. After 15 minutes, the canopy starts closing and the gear comes up.

Seems Flyco was indeed right when I look at the attached log.

I think the culprit might be the Windows 10 EnhancedPowerManagement powering down the device to some extent, then up again which causes DCS to think it was disconnected.

I changed my registry settings for the Warthog and will run another test now.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB

Mud

dcs.zip

Edited by Mud
Attached log
Spoiler

A little update:

I'm pretty sure the problem is solved now. I'll report back here if it happens to happen again.

Spoiler

And the moral is - if you're on a life-support machine pray it's not running Windows 10.

I'm getting a mental picture of laying in a hospital bed and my legs going up and down intermittently :megalol:

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

Update: Unfortunately the problem is still not solved.

I had it yesterday after 2 hours in the air, and today 5 minutes after take-off.

Back to the drawing board :noexpression:

Spoiler

Having same issue with F-86 It appears to be connected to the USB power management and windows 10

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

I'm not sure yet if this is a solution or not because I have to test it more first. But I just did a two hour flight where I set the 3-way switch to the center (not bound) position after raising the gear. And it seems to be a proper workaround at least.

Will report back here in case this is another dud :)

Spoiler