C-101 BUGS WE ARE TRACKING

Tango

I'm following the first training mission and during second list (Before Start), step 9, Ignition Lamp is on even when not pushed. Ignition switch is definitely not in the Cont Ign position. Pressing the lamp does not change anything, it still is on and stays on after release. Is it normal or can some other stuff cause this situation?

EDIT: I tracked it to the Bus Tie Switch - when ON, the Ignition lamp is always on as well. Marker lamps are off, unless pressed (check works fine for those).

There is also another side-effect - the N2 needle tries to go up, so the starter actually does something. If I put the throttle into IDLE, it starts the engine.

Edited by virgo47

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

13 hours ago, virgo47 said:

I'm following the first training mission and during second list (Before Start), step 9, Ignition Lamp is on even when not pushed. Ignition switch is definitely not in the Cont Ign position. Pressing the lamp does not change anything, it still is on and stays on after release. Is it normal or can some other stuff cause this situation?

EDIT: I tracked it to the Bus Tie Switch - when ON, the Ignition lamp is always on as well. Marker lamps are off, unless pressed (check works fine for those).

There is also another side-effect - the N2 needle tries to go up, so the starter actually does something. If I put the throttle into IDLE, it starts the engine.

When you say, starter is working, did you accidentally put the starter switch momentarily to the start position? This will trigger the starter and lamp, I believe. Should be three position switch. Center, back is cont. ign. and will stay in this position, forward is spring loaded and returns to center, if I remember correctly, but will start ign. and startup sequence once pressed.

• Like 1

@gulredrel You were right, if I really do not touch the ignition switch at all, everything checks, bulb is off and nothing wrong happens. I definitely didn't start it with the electricity on, but probably checked the switch when it was mentioned. I left it in OFF, but it still started the ignition. If there is a way how to reset the ignition, I'll probably learn it eventually, now I'll just stay away from the switch even when the plane is cold.

I tried again: If the switch is touched in the Step 8 of the interior inspection list (turned ON and then OFF), the Ignition Lamp goes on when the battery is turned on (step 1 of the before start list), later goes off when GPU is turned ON, and then goes on again when that Bus Tie Switch is turned ON. Is that realistic? Does that IGNITION switch really toggle something when cold and then it works even when the switch is in OFF position before any power is applied?

Edited by virgo47

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

That might be indeed a bug. With power off, the starter toggle shouldn't do anything.

Left of the ignition/starter switch, there is an "ABORT START SWITCH". With this toggled, starter sequence can be stopped. Pages 28 and 29 of the manual.

Edited by gulredrel
typo fixed
  • Like 2

Minor manual bug on p29: Start switch
This is a three-position toggle switch marked NORMAL and VENTILACIÓN (CRANK).

The switch is two position - at least in game.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Stratos said:

IS anyone having a no pylon issue when using the CC?

Just tested .. works well on my DCS:

O388dqo.jpg

perhaps you have a weapons user Mod gone haywire?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

3 hours ago, Stratos said:

Default skin with pylons, hellenic one without pylons, possible to fix it?

That skin is not one provided by Aviodev, you need to report the issue to the skin author.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Buzzer1977 said:

Having the same issue. No pylons.

I don’t see that skin amongst the official ones, have you tried to contact the skin author?

19 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I don’t see that skin amongst the official ones, have you tried to contact the skin author?

I haven't installed any skins for the C-101. And in multiplayer where i usually play, skins are messed up in general. 

Update: I drilled it down. In my case it actually is a problem related to multiplayer server, because on multiplayer the C-101CC will show up with the default livery of the C-101EB which lacks pylons for A2A missiles.

Edited by Buzzer1977
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

19 hours ago, Buzzer1977 said:

the C-101CC will show up with the default livery of the C-101EB which lacks pylons for A2A missiles.

Thought that too. The skin in the screenshot above looks like the EB-Skin. In ME you can't select this for the CC. There is a plain grey Aviodev skin and some camouflaged ones for CC.

• Like 1