Turning while flying fast?

Campbell

get out of the mindset of staying in-plane with your target. when you try to follow your enemy through his moves you're letting him lead you around by the nose in his best regime -- not yours. you must strongly adhere to your own best moves: fly the routine you want him to fly, not the one he wants you to fly. set for yourself a target speed and stick to it; go out-of-plane any time your enemy tries to sucker you into breaking your target speed.

this is where bfm comes into play, you need to use geometry to package your best performance in a way that prevents the other guy from exploiting it.

dont get greedy. patience is key, focus on not getting suckered before trying for the kill. it's going to feel counterintuitive, you're often going to feel like you're missing/giving up the kill/disengaging from the fight compared to the dogged latch-on-and-dont-let-go mentality of turnfighting, but you need to be that asshole kid on the playground that insists on playing by his own rules and is ready to walk away with the ball whenever things dont go his way.

Edited by probad
  • Like 1

get out of the mindset of staying in-plane with your target. when you try to follow your enemy through his moves you're letting him lead you around by the nose in his best regime -- not yours. you must strongly adhere to your own best moves: fly the routine you want him to fly, not the one he wants you to fly. set for yourself a target speed and stick to it; go out-of-plane any time your enemy tries to sucker you into breaking your target speed.

this is where bfm comes into play, you need to use geometry to package your best performance in a way that prevents the other guy from exploiting it.

dont get greedy. patience is key, focus on not getting suckered before trying for the kill. it's going to feel counterintuitive, you're often going to feel like you're missing/giving up the kill/disengaging from the fight compared to the dogged latch-on-and-dont-let-go mentality of turnfighting, but you need to be that asshole kid on the playground that insists on playing by his own rules and is ready to walk away with the ball whenever things dont go his way.

Thank you! That was most excellent insight and great food for thought. I definitely haven’t been flying like that, I got to work on my mental approach for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro