Feet or meters ?

sylkhan

Wait and keep looking for red side. Life will tell.

Hello Pepin,

I understand your frustration, we are in the same boat :).

But we need to support Deka, they seems to have done an amazing job with the JF-17.

it will be the only module i buy since a lot of years

Metrics is awesome and imperials system is a nightmare. I have experience with both. We just need keep metrics as IRL is the most user friendly for many science and physics study do. That's why metrics systems should be keep it as an option.

Nobody is arguing that imperial (+nautical) units are "better" than SI units (because they clearly aren't; even some Americans realize that...), but they are the international standard in aviation, and nobody (with very few exceptions) use anything else. If you are going to operate in airspace shared with aircraft that use the international standard you simply use the international standard, regardless of how archaic and outdated the units of measure are. If your speedometer and speed limit signs match they work just as well if they are both km/h or furlongs per fortnight...

You are talking about a passenger aircraft? We don’t contact international towers in airfield and we need compatibility to comm each other to threat response quick as possible. As Jf-17 come only in feets measurements this aircraft is made to work in a western combat group. I will not make any math in the middle of my combat tactics. So for me this aircraft is for blue side or for separated combat groups. As the developers told this was made to have a good interoperability with Pakistani F-16, then Jf-17 is not 100% ready for international market sale for whole market. We are an international community, not the Pakistani Air Force, also this aircraft is not yet in 3rd countries operator, so is up to them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Again you mix Apple with orange. We are not civilian simulator and have nothing to do a combat situation with a aircraft passenger approach and comms.

We don’t need to go feets because we don’t have the right aircraft configuration. I want to be compatible with all my hardware around. My AWACS, GCI and SAM radar is in meters. I don’t work in feets.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I understand the OP like this is not about incompatibility with the whole world but with the red side fellow pilot's system.

Since JF-17 is what it is, is there any hope to get a chinese Chengdu FC-1 version of it, too? Caus then you would have the red side plane and metric system.

Don't know if there would be an english cockpit though!? (But this could be an option like in other aircraft (L-39, Ka-50))

I was referring to the chinese version of the JF-17 (FC-1 with metric system).

Don't forget the FC-1 cockpit, radar, etc. likely uses simplified Chinese: 汉字 or traditional Chinese: 漢字 characters to go with it's metric instruments.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I was referring to the chinese version of the JF-17 (FC-1 with metric system).

China didn't bought the FC-1 for it's air force, so it's export only.

China uses J-10.

Again you mix Apple with orange. We are not civilian simulator and have nothing to do a combat situation with a aircraft passenger approach and comms.

We don’t need to go feets because we don’t have the right aircraft configuration. I want to be compatible with all my hardware around. My AWACS, GCI and SAM radar is in meters. I don’t work in feets.

And who said JF-17 is for Red side ? Not more than M-2000C or F-5E.

Pakistan situation is complicated being allied with USA and increasingly with China at the same time.

But they have hardware from both side.

Iran is also using F-4/ F-5/ F-14 and MiG-29/ Su-24/ Su-25.

Do you think they changed all the cockpit systems to standardize ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I understand the OP like this is not about incompatibility with the whole world but with the red side fellow pilot's system.

Since JF-17 is what it is, is there any hope to get a chinese Chengdu FC-1 version of it, too? Caus then you would have the red side plane and metric system

I didn’t now about FC-1. That great question. Will be really useful at least the metrics in cockpit. If them were purchase by Chinese or at least were a join venture with Chinese then probably the avionic for JF-17 should have options for metrics in cockpit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That reduces the chances of getting a ("metric") FC-1 with the JF-17, doesn't it?

I think so, but it's up to Deka Ironwork to decide. :smilewink:

I flew gliders in full metric system.

I flew general aviation aircraft with speed in km/h and altimeter in ft.

I fly virtual aircrafts in both systems.

I'm not Einstein, if I can do it, anybody can. :D

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

I think so, but it's up to Deka Ironwork to decide. :smilewink:

I flew gliders in full metric system.

I flew general aviation aircraft with speed in km/h and altimeter in ft.

I fly virtual aircrafts in both systems.

I'm not Einstein, if I can do it, anybody can. :D

I think it is not a question of ability. It could be very disturbing if you fly with a guy that has other system in terms of tactical communication (especially while air-air combat).

But as it was mentioned before: the JF-17 is not a dedicated RED-side aircraft. So it causes no new problems, that we don't already have with other aircraft.

It is not recommended. As Pakistan request feets to adapting F-16 then you see there is not worth it what you personal can. We don’t go alone, we fight in groups.

Then why not request every modules in both metric and imperial system ?

Why not Hornet in metric system ?

Mirage fanatic !

Then why not request every modules in both metric and imperial system ?

Why not Hornet in metric system ?

Maybe because they see you accept change it your whole aviation measurement and you must fallow this rule by inertia. It’s not apply for everyone. Ask ED this question. We are in JF-17 forum by Deka.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe because they see you accept change it your whole aviation measurement and you must fallow this rule by inertia. It’s not apply for everyone. Ask ED this question. We are in JF-17 forum by Deka.

So you expect a studio to develop a module according to your own preference and intended use (REDFOR), not according to the real one ?

Mirage fanatic !

So you expect a studio to develop a module according to your own preference and intended use (REDFOR), not according to the real one ?

First you were all the way telling you can manage the difference in metrics and feets calculation By youtself. Now after after I told you this is not the right way to do it, you tell I want something become bla bla. I gonna answer again.

The comm in combat between two allied aircraft that use different measurements units systems is not recommended.

We will be pleased to use meters in a simulator with freedom to use an aircraft in whichever country you want in a fictional battle. The case of the Fj-17 it is unique because it is made by two countries that use meters and feets. Question for you? What is your problem with our request? You seem to be in the management meeting of DEKA to answer all the question by yourself?

If you want to go even more far then ask ED do not set full simulated modules in every country as they do because is not supposed to be so IRL. As you don’t want meters in a aircraft made by a country that use meters is kind of weird your behaves and please can you explain more clearly why this hurt you so much that push you keep posting in this thread saying again and again you can manage meters and feets in a single combat group. We hear you, but not everybody is forced to do things like you. As well not even try to buy Ka-50 V3, is coming with something that hurt your authenticity values in a DCS module.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Iran is also using F-4/ F-5/ F-14 and MiG-29/ Su-24/ Su-25.

Do you think they changed all the cockpit systems to standardize ?

IRL pilots arent flying 4 different planes in the span of 2 hours. I dont mind some level of standardization even if its not realistic.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 3 weeks later...

Feet/knots/nautical miles are *strongly* recommended by ICAO and the vast, VAST majority of air forces use imperial for all aviation-related purposes. In 2017, even Russian civil aviation regulations finally began complying with this.