Chair design to accommodate TM

Hey guys. Hope you are all enjoying the hornet. Great job Belsimtek and DCS. So back int he day my dad was in the military working in the aeronautics engineering department. I'd go in with him every once in a while to see the type of work he does. So when I sat in the F18, the first two things that I was surprised about was how close your face seems to the hud (I am used to sitting a fair distance away from the dash in the boeings) and as well the placement of the flight stick. It literally was between your legs and felt like a part of your genitalia. Your forearm sits right on your lap as your grab the stick. It felt like I hit puberty again my hand was right down there. So here I am with a TM warthog sitting on my desk with my arms raised up to raech them and after a while my neck and traps getting sore. So today I though hey I'mm gonna sit right on the flight stick base. Doing this felt exactly like back in f18 again. So I did a carrier landing and all I can say is that it was 10X better. You literally are finger tip flying the stick. I was able to fly with thing with so much more precision. And I found you don't over steer the plane since you are just using fingertips. Almost like flying a real helo. So I was wondering if any knows if there is a chair out there that is designed to hold the TM int he exact same placement as you would find in the real thing. I see some chairs out there like the Playseat but it doesn't look like it would hold the stick right in the crotch. If you have the TM and haven't tried sitting on the thing, give it a try. Feels a bit weird for about 10 seconds but then that's gone. Anyways, take care all. see ya on the servers

Thanks rainmaker. I took a boo at it. I think it's going to require a chair with a space cut out between the legs though.

If you want in right up in the crotch...maybe, but the mounts move the stick aft quite a pit. I have to reach further in a real cockpit to reach the stick on a F-15 than I do to reach one on this seat.

https://www.simulation1.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/OBUTTO-A10-FLIGHT-STICK-MOUNT.jpg

Thanks rainmaker. I took a boo at it. I think it's going to require a chair with a space cut out between the legs though.

Why? Works just fine without a cutout.

IMG_3521.thumb.JPG.d1a70bd5834c2386d1f3edfac2fe3b7f.JPG

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

ahh gotcha. Ok yeah I never took into account you remove the base.

Yeah, that is pretty much step one for any Warthog mount.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The stock flight sim plate is rectangular in shape to accommodate different sticks and to use a side stick option off the right leg. It will hit the inside of your legs mounted in the center. They have a specific thrustmaster mount that's built to mount flush with the warthog(possible Cougar too?).

One could look into an auto wreckers for one with seat covers as I did. I shampooed it and it is the cat's a$$.

This cost me $34. Absolute all day comfort and it is thick and cushy enough that one could push the stick another few inches into the "plushness".

The extension is for the warbirds I am so fond of.

PIC_0001.thumb.JPG.6f847cdf131c92659fde3af618bd4108.JPG

PIC_0002.thumb.JPG.77f4fe34a562e331cf712a89c006daa4.JPG

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

The stock flight sim plate is rectangular in shape to accommodate different sticks and to use a side stick option off the right leg. It will hit the inside of your legs mounted in the center. They have a specific thrustmaster mount that's built to mount flush with the warthog(possible Cougar too?).

Hey bud. I’m looking on their site for the tm mount you’re talking about but can’t find it. Would you have a link? Thx!

Hey bud. I’m looking on their site for the tm mount you’re talking about but can’t find it. Would you have a link? Thx!

Here is there standard mount for the flightsticks.

https://www.mainperformancepc.com/obutto-gaming-cockpits/accessories/ozone-accessories/obutto-ozone-r3volution-flight-stick-mount-accessory/

Here is the one specifically for the Warthog.

https://www.mainperformancepc.com/obutto-gaming-cockpits/accessories/ozone-accessories/obutto-ozone-r3volution-a10-thrustmaster-hotas-flight-stick-mount-accessory/

I think they have a 30% off deal on accessories for the next day or so....

Yes use promo key 30off at checkout, offer good until midnight tonight EDT.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

The Obutto cockpit is one of the best purchases I've ever made. If you have the space, I'd recommend it. In my 700 square foot apartment, it takes up a lot of space. Worth it though. I set it up so I can watch TV in the background while on long flights. It took me a ridiculous 14 hours to put it together when I got it but that is because I'm not good at building things other than computers. It can take a while though.

fOpqHmP.jpg

ZppHLUz.jpg

Pretty much the best thing I did putting the cyclic between my legs,..

attachment.php?attachmentid=176077&stc=1&d=1515814564[

I feels natural and as other have said it gives you much better control. :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.