Evil's Upgraded Pit

evilnate

For years I was very satisfied with my x52pro and trackir at my desk.

The x52 broke, so I replaced it with a harthog, pedals, tm cougar MFD bezel, oculus touch, and dsp usb switch box.

After some flights I realized that my setup was a ergo disaster. With seat at maximum height my hands were almost as high as my shoulders while on HOTAS, and all the USB gadgets would slide around on the desk making it hard to know what i'm touching while VR goggles on.

Decided enough was enough, and started designing a home-made playseat.

Wife reviewed the design and predicted it would look like garbage after factoring in my wood working abilities. Green light received to buy a kool chair, went with the Obutto R3volution. Here's my new setup after first assembly attempt.

chair_preview.thumb.jpeg.a31917b95231d66df158074d7abc500d.jpeg

pit_before.thumb.jpg.332cb80382582197dc81edfe4a014edf.jpg

pit_after.thumb.jpg.9564f86ee02573f6eaaa37629d8ed215.jpg

I was about to ask how did you go from a DIY design to an Obutto! Even though my DIY is average Mrs Burns wont let me invest in an Obutto even though I have probably spend 3 times as much on wood and screws for my various "pits".

I like the arm for the keyboard, i think I will introduce something like that to my pit for my time on PUBC. Is it pretty sturdy to take the weight of your wrists if you are hammering WSAD?

Might even do one on the other side for a steering wheel but it will look less like and F/A-18 and more like a disabled superhero suit.

@ Z_432 - Wallpaper would help, but the VR goggles takes care of the immersion. :)

@ Mr_Burns - Either I have the best wife in the world, or the worst carpenter skills. The articulating keyboard/mouse tray does have a tiny bit of wobble, but not as much as I imagined. The good thing is that there's push-pull hardware at the base which allows you to level it. I also have a G27, so I mounted the MFDs and switch box the the front plate with industrial grade Velcro. If I want to mount the steering wheel, just tear off the instruments and replace with wheel. :pilotfly: