on the roadmap project suggestion

cauldron

You can't have a simulation environment without adequate representation from both opposing factions.

The experience will lack in every aspect. Atmosphere tactics variety and more.

A way needs to be found around this.

Yes, but you are not going to find a way around the Russian legal system. I would love to see some 4th gen REDFOR fighters! But there is so much trouble in making one...

You could get around some of the issues by making a module about the American Su-27 and MiG-29 fleet, I would imagine that they would be willing to share. But at the same time there is, sadly, still a possibility of legal action being taken by the Russian government. And you just can't get around that one.

By the way Belsimtek is making an F-4!!! Go and check that out!!!

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Yes, but you are not going to find a way around the Russian legal system. I would love to see some 4th gen REDFOR fighters! But there is so much trouble in making one...

You could get around some of the issues by making a module about the American Su-27 and MiG-29 fleet, I would imagine that they would be willing to share. But at the same time there is, sadly, still a possibility of legal action being taken by the Russian government. And you just can't get around that one.

By the way Belsimtek is making an F-4!!! Go and check that out!!!

I said before data can be found from other sources. If sales are based and processed outside Russia you are pretty covered.

Besides I don't think the Russians will care about an obsolete ac type being represented in a video game. You can get in cockpits of these birds in museums all over the place anyway...

I said before data can be found from other sources. If sales are based and processed outside Russia you are pretty covered.

Besides I don't think the Russians will care about an obsolete ac type being represented in a video game. You can get in cockpits of these birds in museums all over the place anyway...

But the sales would not be based outside Russia. The core company is ED, the rest are partners, 3rd party devs, and contracts. Things get sold via the ED shop, with some exception for 3rd parties. And frankly if the Russian government wants something, it gets it.

A much safer option would be a MiG-23 or Su-15, but there would be some possibility for a MiG-29/25. Just let's not expect any of those to ever happen. There are just frankly better options out there, no matter how much we want there to be a DCS: *insert any REDFOR 4th gen fighter here".

Let's keep our expectations low. Who knows, we might even be pleasantly surprised.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Well for the Straits of Hormuz for Iran we have the F-5 with an F-14 and F-4 coming

Iraq has the MiG-21 but maybe we can benefit by seeing MiG-23s maybe Su-17/-20/-22 I know those aircraft types have been discussed before and no plans have seemingly been made...

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Well for the Straits of Hormuz for Iran we have the F-5 with an F-14 and F-4 coming

Iraq has the MiG-21 but maybe we can benefit by seeing MiG-23s maybe Su-17/-20/-22 I know those aircraft types have been discussed before and no plans have seemingly been made...

It's not a question of maybe, we would definitely benefit from having the MiG-23. Like the MiG-21, the MiG-23 was the No.1 fighter for the Eastern countries during a section of the Cold War. It would, like American designs, fit everywhere. It would also provide another aircraft to fight modern thingies in, the MiG-21bis is getting kinda old. ;)

It has IRST+IR-MRM/SRM capability, somewhat decent radar and SAR-MRM's, and the controllable wing geometry makes dogfighting a lot more interesting. So in short, an upgrade from the MiG-21bis. Should be a lot more capable against modern things.

It would provide the iconic opponent of the F-14, Bear aside. And it would fill an era gap, sounds perfect...

I would like to speculate that it is in development, cued at least. Wags said a long time ago that RAZBAM making one would "interfere with already existing plans". If we don't count not making any 4th gen Russian jets, FC3 aside, as a plan... It would hint at it being developed, i can see no other significant reason that it would be denied (government pressure aside). But i would like to leave this speculation aside, it most likely holds very little truth. There is, most likely, a perfectly good reason other than the 2 I have spoken about. And i am just too dumb to figure that out.

But as I said, let's not hope that any of these are going to get developed. Good surprises are more pleasant than unfulfilled dreams.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Just read the book "Carrier Pilot" by Norman Hanson: posted to the South Pacific aboard HMS Illustrious, Hanson and his squadron of Corsairs took the fight to the Japanese.

The Corsair (called bye the Japanese "whistling death") was very fast, rugged and demanding to fly but in the hands of competent pilots she proved to be a lethal weapon!

Would be a marvellous simulator aircraft and sure together with the carrier and to be able to fly missions against the Japanese!

Edited by wavn

Best regards, Willem

Guys, sorry but is another "wish" thread really necessary while there is already another quite active one:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193450&page=6

???

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all