Normandy Map Discussion - Page 51 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-22-2016, 10:23 PM   #501
56RAF_Talisman

Reputation power: 5
56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripple View Post
Short missions? That's a relative term when your wee spitfire only has about a hour's fuel...
Mk IX: 434 mi (698 km) on internal fuel

Mk XIV: 460 mi (740 km) on internal fuel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superm...e_and_armament

Shorter missions, in terms of a return trip there and back, than if map was bigger, unless want to fly around in circles on a small map.

Did this really need to be explained? LOL

Last edited by 56RAF_Talisman; 08-22-2016 at 10:38 PM.
56RAF_Talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 10:32 PM   #502
56RAF_Talisman

56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
It will be fine guys, ED is aware that they cant just sit on this initial map, and with a 3rd party doing the WWII maps, I am sure they have their sights set on the future. Me personally, I am looking forward to the units and other aspects of 44 era flight and combat as much as the map. This will get me going.
Yes, there is lots of potential and there are lots of aspects to look forward to
Lots to get excited about
Looking forward to the 1940's ambience to match the aircraft, the history, the times

Happy landings,

Talisman
56RAF_Talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:54 AM   #503
Raven68

Reputation power: 29
Raven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to Raven68

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
It will be fine guys, ED is aware that they cant just sit on this initial map, and with a 3rd party doing the WWII maps, I am sure they have their sights set on the future. Me personally, I am looking forward to the units and other aspects of 44 era flight and combat as much as the map. This will get me going.

All I need to hear is Pacific Theater and I will soil my shorts! But yeah lets get this initial map out there with some solid units and that should hold us for a while.

Intel i5-3570K @ 3.4 GHz
Asus P8Z77-V LK Mobo
Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Geforce GTX 970 4096MB (Assume the latest driver version),
Windows 10 Professional
TrackIR 5
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals
Raven68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 02:04 AM   #504
Sergeiev

Reputation power: 9
Sergeiev is just really niceSergeiev is just really niceSergeiev is just really niceSergeiev is just really niceSergeiev is just really niceSergeiev is just really niceSergeiev is just really niceSergeiev is just really niceSergeiev is just really niceSergeiev is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven68 View Post
All I need to hear is Pacific Theater and I will soil my shorts! But yeah lets get this initial map out there with some solid units and that should hold us for a while.
Leatherneck are doing PTO maps and aircraft.
Sergeiev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 02:09 AM   #505
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 119
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeiev View Post
Probably not before Normandy is released.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 02:15 AM   #506
Raven68

Reputation power: 29
Raven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of lightRaven68 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to Raven68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeiev View Post
I wasn't sure, but I do vaguely recall something on that, so I am partially soiled. I will really lose it if I see some WIP pics.

Intel i5-3570K @ 3.4 GHz
Asus P8Z77-V LK Mobo
Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Geforce GTX 970 4096MB (Assume the latest driver version),
Windows 10 Professional
TrackIR 5
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals
Raven68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:09 AM   #507
ESAc_matador

Reputation power: 14
ESAc_matador is a jewel in the roughESAc_matador is a jewel in the roughESAc_matador is a jewel in the roughESAc_matador is a jewel in the roughESAc_matador is a jewel in the roughESAc_matador is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidtfire View Post
Looking forward to some Sabre vs Mig15bis action over Normandy!
Simulating week 3 of the IIIWW
ESAc_matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:33 AM   #508
QuiGon
Veteran

Reputation power: 28
QuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven68 View Post
I wasn't sure, but I do vaguely recall something on that, so I am partially soiled. I will really lose it if I see some WIP pics.
They are working on the F4U Corsair, a Iwo Jima map and PTO ground units. And there will be even more WW2 pacific stuff in the future.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:45 AM   #509
NeilWillis
Veteran

Reputation power: 22
NeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of light

I am sure Leatherneck have higher priorities right now - especially after the forum debate about whether they'll manage to get the F-14A/B out before the end of the year has undoubtedly changed their entire outlook on life!

After all, how could they possibly ignore the slightest whim or complaint from this utterly reasonable, and enlightened bunch of torch bearers and pitchfork wielders?
NeilWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:25 AM   #510
Racoon
ED Team

Racoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartforgie View Post
Racoon, can we please have a sub forum with all the newsletters included? Despite my having subscribed to the newsletters I never get the email . I posted about this in the support thread but there was no reply. I am probably not the only person who would like the chance to read the newsletters online.
Are you asking about this thread? http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151478
I can't help you with subscription except two suggestions:
- check your spam folder for these newsletters, in case you've found them there, add the address to spam filter as trusted adress;
- make a ticket here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/ where ask to check your mail in the database.
Racoon is offline   Reply With Quote