P-51D cockpit build

Raceguy

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DE, thank you for the kind words!

Here are a few pics of it's current state after I added a Saitek radio panel. I have also added a Buttkicker to the seat and I'm in the process of extending a MS FFB stick with the grip from my original stick.

Take care

Ed

vor2Gz6.jpg

Dyu8pL4.jpg

bfBpith.jpg

Hvs3Zft.jpg

If at first you do succeed, try not to look too surprised.

Your cockpit is a true inspiration to what can be achieved when one is determined. I am thoroughly impressed with what you have built not to mention your attention to detail.

If I could make one comment, I would change out your monitor to a 65 inch 4K tv as I did or even a projector system with a flat screen or even a curved system like the Ikarus design. That type of view system would take you to the edge of virtual vs reality.

Well done sir.:thumbup:

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

WarHog, thank you for the kind words! Your build was one that really pushed me over the edge to build my own pit.

Space is tight as my "hangar" is my 11 X 12 foot office. At the moment my main screen is our old 46 inch TV that I added to the pit when we upgraded to a 65 inch TV. As you can see it is about 1/2 inch off the wall when centered on the pit.

In this pic you can see the tight space.

sp7eGZe.jpg

I use a TIR so I have pretty good visibility but down the road a larger screen may become available if the wife is not paying close attention. :music_whistling:

Take care

Ed

If at first you do succeed, try not to look too surprised.