DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

No Issues here with my keybindings and the HTTP Download was also fast here in Germany.

***** "Sadly it was no Pilot Body for my F-16 and Mig29 in this Package"

****Just kidding

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newsletter today?

Yes, like every Friday...

You're in the wrong thread btw. Here's the newsletter discussion thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=189136

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

the last update crashed my dcs directory got a mess left. ive included the log file. please tell me them best wAY to fix it

dcs - Copy.log.txt

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

No Issues here with my keybindings and the HTTP Download was also fast here in Germany.

You must be in another Germany then... Internet ist doch #Neuland rdlaugh.png

I mean, getting like 50KB/s with a connection that is capable of 12.5MB/s (100MBit/s VDSL) icon_question.gif

Well, I'm part of the "just wait and do something else" fraction as well and not really complaining, but I'd appreciate if I'd just get better speeds.

And I've seen 5-7MB/s on DCS updates already, but sometimes I don't even get close to that.

After all, it also depends on where you are (coutryside vs. metropolitan) and the carrier as well.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

What about MFAA, I can see you've got it turned off - any reason for that?

Worth trying in VR? I’m running 2x MSAA but nothing tweaked in Inspector....

Edited by 30mikemike
Error

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

• ED Team

Hi all

can we try to keep this discussion for the patch notes, thank you.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

bignewy, with all due respect, new updates cause a lot of problems and this new one certainly isn't any different. I think the "updates" thread should be for problems with new "updates" as well

This post will probably get me banned cause we're not allowed to express our opinion if it upsets ED, but please do not censor the people asking questions about the problems your team has caused

flying ace

Wow. Condescending much? You are playing beta, so that you can test and report issues. There are specific threads for this. Your tone makes it seem as though you are upset about bugs in the beta. The purpose of the beta is bug finding and reporting. If it makes you so mad, move on to the stable version.

...new updates cause a lot of problems and this new one certainly isn't any different...the problems your team has caused...

What problems are you having exactly? In my experience a lot of the problems are caused by user error and/or not deleting fxo and metashaders folders after an update. ED has it plastered all over the place what the Open Beta is.

And I'm downloading the update as we speak, I attached a screen snip of the torrent download window. It fluctuates but it bounces between 3 and 8 MB/s. That's a capital B for bytes not bits. Should take roughly 10-15 minutes. Some of you guys need to check with your ISP if they are throttling torrents or maybe use a VPN during the download. I had problems with Comcast at one point blocking the download.

1287987087_Annotation2020-01-18124831.png.5481215db5d9f613fef06c24244a6574.png

Edited by Sn8ke_iis

• ED Team
bignewy, with all due respect, new updates cause a lot of problems and this new one certainly isn't any different. I think the "updates" thread should be for problems with new "updates" as well

This post will probably get me banned cause we're not allowed to express our opinion if it upsets ED, but please do not censor the people asking questions about the problems your team has caused

flying ace

This is the the patch notes discussion thread, if you need help use the bug forum which can be found here https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=440

We dont ban for expressing opinion the rules can be found here https://forums.eagle.ru/rules.php#en

Please PM me if you want to discuss it, off topic posts will be removed here.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

What problems are you having exactly? In my experience a lot of the problems are caused by user error and/or not deleting fxo and metashaders folders after an update. ED has it plastered all over the place what the Open Beta is.

And I'm downloading the update as we speak, I attached a screen snip of the torrent download window. It fluctuates but it bounces between 3 and 8 MB/s. That's a capital B for bytes not bits. Should take roughly 10-15 minutes. Some of you guys need to check with your ISP if they are throttling torrents or maybe use a VPN during the download. I had problems with Comcast at one point blocking the download.

When you press cancel and say yes to http download you see speeds to 20Mb/s. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

• ED Team

Hi all

We are unlikely to see a patch this week, we are preparing for 2.5.6

When we have more information we will pass it on to you all.

thank you.

Hi all

thank you.

Gotcha, thanks for the update! Looking forward to the launch of the supercarrier. :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

BIGNEWY, the version 2.5.6 will bring new weather improvements?

Clouds... etc...?

Thank you very much

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Hi all

thank you.

Great news! Do you mean that next patch will be 2.5.6? With the new damage model and lighting?

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Great news! Do you mean that next patch will be 2.5.6? With the new damage model and lighting?

Seems like that's the plan, but as always: Plans are subject to change, if something unexpected comes up.

So just wait and see ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Seems like that's the plan, but as always: Plans are subject to change, if something unexpected comes up.

So just wait and see ;)

Just like the VR performance improvements that strangely stopped working by the jump from 2.5.4 to 2.5.5 even on their end. I still hope they'll get THAT sorted anytime soon.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg