VR Updates - 30 NOV 18 News

DerekSpeare

for me the most important part is about improving performances

+100 This!!!!!

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Look at those people in airliners. There are hundreds of switches, close one to another. So I think they at least have a glance where they put their hands on.

Oh yes we do!

I’d feel reeeally stupid if I pulled the Battery Master instead of the Bus Tie switch, for example. Same type of switch, and placed 2" apart.

The only switches I reach for, without looking, are the ones on the yoke, and the yaw and roll trim switches.

"we’ve been working on some great VR improvements that include.."

And what?...are these improvements live now, going to be implemented in 6 months time, still working on them for the foreseeable future..?

I assume it is just WIP as there are no specifics given such as 25% improvement in maintaining 45/90 fps, no constant stuttering every few seconds etc etc?

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And so you'll drop your stick, grab the controller then drop the controller, grab the stick again? Not very convenient especially in VR when you can't see your stick or controllers or your surrounding...

Exactly my thoughts - at first. However, having used the Touch controllers for Dash whilst running games, I found that in practice, it's not as terrible as it sounds (place Touch controller on thigh, muscle memory, etc). I'd say wait and see. If done well it could be very useful.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

so you'll drop your stick, grab the controller then drop the controller, grab the stick again? Not very convenient especially in VR when you can't see your stick or controllers

Well, we can all agree that plain hand and finger tracking would be preferable. But it doesn’t seem like current tech is quite there yet.

Today, I drop my stick to find my trackball. I then let go of the trackball to pick up the stick.

If I could keep the touch controller in the same place and position, where I left it, there wouldn’t be much difference from using the trackball. I have tried this with X-Plane, and it works.

I use my track all with my left hand, normal mouse on the right, allowing me to use either in cockpit.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

One thing this 'Touch' control function may achieve is tempt new DCS users who don't want the expense and hassle of buying a Joystick or HOTAS setup. Just a thought...

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

I use my track all with my left hand, normal mouse on the right, allowing me to use either in cockpit.

same here, I keep the trackball on the left. so at least I can still fly with the stick on the right, (and I have the mouse on the right too).

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

This would be very handy for starting up modern jets. Use Touch for the startup procedure and setting up avionics, then set them down for the rest of the flight.

Well, I actually use quite a few switches in flight too. I've heard that the API for the Vive Pro hand tracking through the dual cameras has been released to the developers. But somehow I am sure that the devs won't bother...

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

I would like to see native support for CaptoGloves

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Will be interesting to see DCS after switching to Vulcan.

Then we could start to talk about VR performances. Not talking right now on controller implementation just about performances.

Why I'm talking about this. Vulcan should have VR SLI/CF support and that means single GPU per eye. This could fix all of our problems with performances in VR even for Pimax8KX in the future.

AMD NAVI 10 7nm Graphic card will be released soon. I know it could not match RTX 2080 or 2080Ti but will be equivalent performances with 2070/1080. I know it is not much but the price will be 250$ so imagine two of this in CF for 500$. So this will be minimal 30% gain in performances over single 2080ti for half price. Practically for the same price you got 30% better performances and Samsung O+ for free.

I think ED should focus on that part for performances because this will increase players base and good performance will not be only for those who can afford it. This will even benefit for those who can afford that luxury with 2x 2080 or even 2080ti for an even higher increase of the performances. Right now any SLI/CF is pointless and a waste of time and money.

Will be interesting to see DCS after switching to Vulcan.

Then we could start to talk about VR performances. Not talking right now on controller implementation just about performances.

Why I'm talking about this. Vulcan should have VR SLI/CF support and that means single GPU per eye. This could fix all of our problems with performances in VR even for Pimax8KX in the future.

AMD NAVI 10 7nm Graphic card will be released soon. I know it could not match RTX 2080 or 2080Ti but will be equivalent performances with 2070/1080. I know it is not much but the price will be 250$ so imagine two of this in CF for 500$. So this will be minimal 30% gain in performances over single 2080ti for half price. Practically for the same price you got 30% better performances and Samsung O+ for free.

I think ED should focus on that part for performances because this will increase players base and good performance will not be only for those who can afford it. This will even benefit for those who can afford that luxury with 2x 2080 or even 2080ti for an even higher increase of the performances. Right now any SLI/CF is pointless and a waste of time and money.

Interesting. But performance especially in VR should be priority number 1. I know ED is working hard on it. Wait and see. I know for sure it's not dissapointed! Quality over quantity. :D

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

VR Updates - 30 NOV 18 News

you guys are betting a lot of bacon on Vulcan, to fix everything related to graphic performance

it would be nice, but i fully expect a year after Vulcan is released you will still be here complaining about stutters and the lack of performance.

Interesting. But performance exceptionally in VR should be priority number 1. I know ED is working hard on it. Wait and see. I know for sure it's not disappointed! Quality over quantity. biggrin.gif

I know they work but DCS is demanding anyway and I don't expect such miracles true existing engine polish. Especially Vulcan is around the corner.

ED have to think about expanding market base. Lowend users practically can't play at all, midrange is on the edge and have to compromise and VR with the midrange you can forget. Only highend users can properly enjoy in DCS especially in VR.

I know someone could a little bit selfishly say who cares I have my 2080ti but you have to look at that problem from a business perspective. More segment of the market you grab is more profit and more stability for the company, in this case, ED and more resources for further development from what we will be all have benefited. The larger player base is more and populated servers and war theatre to fly. So it is in all of our interest to support and push ED to go in that direction of progress.

And as I say if you look from bigginer perspective I doubthmost of new and younger players can afford at all. So that way we are practcally limited in progres and further developmant by player base who are again limited by hardware. This is finaly opening posibility to ED and DCS to enter in mid and low range segment and that is also in favor of the other hardware companies like Logitec, Thrustmaster or else. This market expanding will benefit all of us in all segments.

you guys are betting a lot of bacon on Vulcan, to fix everything related to graphic performance

it would be nice, but i fully expect a year after Vulcan is released you will still be here complaining about stutters and the lack of performance.

Vulcan is better utilizing hardware so by default should be better utilization of multicore on CPU and that better er implementation for SLI/CF especially that VR posibilitiesGPU per eye. DX11 can't do that at all so it is pointless to spend all these resources on tweaking VR under DX11 when the transition to Vulcan is imminent.

And so you'll drop your stick, grab the controller then drop the controller, grab the stick again? Not very convenient especially in VR when you can't see your stick or controllers or your surrounding...

I hope for something like leap motion. As if not, that will not be very interesting.

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

No.

You do not use a stick.

You use Touch to control the stick.

I use it in xplane11 & it works way better than you would expect. I just sit on my office chair. Does it replace a HOTAS? no but it's fun in its own right & will open up DCS to those who do not own a HOTAS.

Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//

Probably will come slowly in the next few updates

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

No single word in the last patch

It's beginning to be a mystery!

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Hopefully it will come sooner rather than later, DCS could really use it for sure.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hopefully so but I don't mind waiting if it needs time to do then so be it. Just be nice if there was an indication of whether it was incoming or some months away would be useful.

Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//