DCS World 2.5.x Caucasus Terrain Textures

Thanks for that Mustang. Also do i need to uninstall them before the updates?

No, just make sure you replace the terrain.cfg.lua from my mod package back into the DCS installation after every update though as this affects the way the textures look.

Just some input for the latest version. The blending is now very smooth and things look indeed very good down low. However, the loss of detail at altitude makes it (for me) less attractive for high fliers compared to the previous version. A matter of taste off course.

Rgr I'm working to rectify this, getting a blend between these qualities is a hard juggle.

I've downloaded this new version yesterday.

What saying except a big big thank again ?

I havn't noticed a problem with trees in VR with the previous version but keeping the ED trees works fine too.

Your mod makes that I do not really want to go flying on the other maps I have ( NTTR and Hormuz ) because with the Caucasus map, ED have done an amazing work but your mod enhances it even more.

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

..... your mod enhances it even more.

^^^THIS! :thumbup: (thanks Mustang) :)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Thanks for your efforts Mustang, however the DL link for 1.12 in the first post is broken...

Edit: Fixed now, thanks!

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi mustang! thank you so much for your continuing effort.

quick suggestions...could you add a date next to the version number on the first page when you update? that could help people (and myself) know if i have the most up to date version.

unless there's another easier way to tell?

thanks!

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

What exactly did you replace, Mustang?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Let me try to describe what i wish about your fantastic terrain mod, Mustang.

For me the new Caucasus stock terrain is a great improvement but lacks a lot about variety in tones, colors, textures. Is very even and homogeneous and this taking away a lot of potential.

Your mod restores just that, much more tone variety, colours and textures giving a lot of inmersion and realism but IMHO this variety was lost a little from 1.08.

Let me explain with pictures.

This is a pic of V 1.15B. It remainds me a lot the former 1.08 version, because it have not only more tone varietyand colors but also different textures. You can see the marked ones, ridges, earth lines, contours, terrain tracks. This is what a like most and im missing in the new versions.

HlnuAW0.jpg

The new ones are great about tones and colours but lacks about textures. And the former versions are great about textures but lacks a little more tone and color variety.

This is an example of V 1.15. You can see more earth tones, different patches with brwon colours, etc, marked, but not so much textures like ridges, tracks, earth lines.

qZajEZg.jpg

If i could suggest something, if possible, why dont you just mix the best of both versions with this wonderful color and tone variety of 1.15 with earth-green-brown colors mixed with the fantastic texturized lines, earth tracks, ridges from formes versions?

Thats my two cents about a MUST mod for the Caucasus terrain.

THANKS A LOT MUSTANG.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

This is an example of V 1.15. You can see more earth tones, different patches with brwon colours, etc, marked, but not so much textures like ridges, tracks, earth lines.

with the above presented image captures of v1.15b compared to v1.15, if one needed to choose (negating time and effort),

I'd say,

v1.15B looks waayy better.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

This is one of the few threads that I come back and check every couple of days. To see what Mustang has updated. awesome work my man!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Got a re-tweak of an earlier texture set uploaded if anyone wants to give it a go

I've been watching the thread from the beginning and currently running 1.15b of your textures. FANTASTIC job Mustang.

What are the chances of you doing a "mild winter" texture? Although the full on snow cover winter textures are neat they seem quite unrealistic to me for the region. It would be even cooler to have full snow cover in the mountains and little to no snow on the plains, if that is possible. :thumbup:

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

I would like to try the texture mod, but unfortunately I don´t get it to work with JSGME.

If I put the rar file in the JSGME mods folder, JSGME won´t recognize it and if I put the unpacked files in the JSGME mods folder and activate the folder "MODS" with JSGME it won´t work either. Could anybody give me a hint, what I´m doing wrong?

I have V1.08 with OvGME working, but I can´t find any OvGME version of the mod past V1.08 in this thread.

Edited by Blooddawn1942

Outgunned, outnumbered, though never outclassed!!!

I would like to try the texture mod, but unfortunately I don´t get it to work with JSGME.

If I put the rar file in the JSGME mods folder, JSGME won´t recognize it and if I put the unpacked files in the JSGME mods folder and activate the folder "MODS" with JSGME it won´t work either. Could anybody give me a hint, what I´m doing wrong?

I have V1.08 with OvGME working, but I can´t find any OvGME version of the mod past V1.08 in this thread.

I can update the OvGME version to current. :thumbup: