What controls do you have mapped to your HOTAS?

cmorris975

Hi there,

I'm using a Saitek x52 yoke and Logitech Wingman Extreme for my flight stick. As I dig into this sim for the first time and try to learn it, I'm wondering what others deem critical as far as HOTAS controls. I do have Track IR.

So far I have elevator trim, vertical radar scan slew up/down, radar acquire target, weapon release, and guns.

I'd love to be able to map the site mode to a wheel on the Saitek throttle but I am not sure that's even possible. Same with radar scan range.

Most of my Logitech joystick buttons have no mapping.

What else would you all suggest I have mapped? Maybe air brakes and clipboard? I'm just not sure what's critical enough to have mapped on my HOTAS as I have little experience flying this demanding (and fantastic) sim.

Thanks,

Chris

I have a different HOTAS, but these are the functions that I've found most important:

TvZEKFf.jpg

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

A good point to start in every non FC3 model is to select the "hotas" group in the control menu. There you will find all the stuff pilot in the real planes has on his hotas.

After some flying you will find stuff that you want to add to your hotas and stuff that is on your hotas but you don't need it there.

Eg. F5

I need the trim and boards on the hotas like they are.

I deleted the flaps position because they stay in Auto the whole flight.

I added the radar on/standby switch to only turn radar on if I missed my first gun shots after sneaking up on the enemy.

Really helpful are the dogfight gun/missile modes. They overwrite Piper setup and jettison switch as well as adjust your radar. If you tuned your pylons and master arm on and hit the dogfight missile mode: missiles go definitely off

Uncage seeker and a radio switch for contacting ATC or flight. I always have airbrakes mapped whatever I fly. I use a warthog so things are not going to be like for like. Your best bet is to check out Chuck owls guide. Try to emulate what he has mapped

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135765

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]