VoiceAttack Time to Target Calculator

Chic

I've put together a slick little Voiceattack profile which is a Time to Target Calculator.

For example; you Say "16 Nautical Miles AT 300 KPH" . You will then hear "5.93 Minutes" .

Kilometers, Nautical Miles, KPH, and Knots can be co-mingled ad lib in increments of 1 to infinity potentially.

A Timer is included. You Say; "Give Me [X] Minutes" . You will then hear an acknowledgement, and eventually another notice when time is up.

An optional Sound file is included which adds a high pitched tone when time is up.

Test it out. Let me know.

UPDATE: Profile has been revised (11/21) so that the timer can be used without the sound file if desired.

Time to Target Calculator ReadMe.txt

Chics Time to Target Calculator-Profile.zip

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Thanks ! That does sound useful .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 3 months later...
Holy s... That s awesome. Didn t know you could do this with voice attack.

Thanks.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Good to hear.

Feedback for tweaks welcome.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good, works good! I cut the available command by a lot by taking out the units that i dont think ill be needing, making the voice recognition a little bit faster. I can't wait to use it in a mission to know how long I have to take a nap as RIO ;)

Thank you!

~Bailey

Looks good, works good! I cut the available command by a lot by taking out the units that i dont think ill be needing, making the voice recognition a little bit faster. I can't wait to use it in a mission to know how long I have to take a nap as RIO ;)

Thank you!

~Bailey

Absolutely. Modify voice command to suit.

JUST CHOPPERS

I believe the multiplier argument for numeric ranges(VoiceAttackHelp.pdf page 17) would come in useful here.

Using a "When I say" phrase like "[1..49] [Nautical Miles;Kilometers];[10..60,5] [Nautical Miles;Kilometers];[4..15,100] [Nautical Miles;Kilometers]" would mean you can speak values from 1 to 50 in increments of 1, 50 to 300 in increments of 5, and 300 to 1500 in increments of 100.

Optimizing the required accuracy like this will allow you to bring down the number of generated command phrases from hundreds of thousands to a few ten thousand, meaning the profile will load much, much quicker.

Also, you can rename the timer command to "Give me 1 minute;Give me [2..300] minutes", to reduce the amount of generated phrases for this command by half.

As you're using global variables, something you could add is a command that uses the calculated value to set a timer directly.

That command could simply use your existing timer command by passing the value to it like this:

Execute command, 'give me {DEC:eta} minutes' (by name)

I believe the multiplier argument for numeric ranges(VoiceAttackHelp.pdf page 17) would come in useful here.

Using a "When I say" phrase like "[1..49] [Nautical Miles;Kilometers];[10..60,5] [Nautical Miles;Kilometers];[4..15,100] [Nautical Miles;Kilometers]" would mean you can speak values from 1 to 50 in increments of 1, 50 to 300 in increments of 5, and 300 to 1500 in increments of 100.

Optimizing the required accuracy like this will allow you to bring down the number of generated command phrases from hundreds of thousands to a few ten thousand, meaning the profile will load much, much quicker.

Also, you can rename the timer command to "Give me 1 minute;Give me [2..300] minutes", to reduce the amount of generated phrases for this command by half.

As you're using global variables, something you could add is a command that uses the calculated value to set a timer directly.

That command could simply use your existing timer command by passing the value to it like this:

Execute command, 'give me {DEC:eta} minutes' (by name)

Thanks Pfeil for taking the time to offer expert advice.

I thought bout using increments but they do carry the burden of having to "remember" the ranges. I originally developed this command for my Helos which i fly exclusively. The Distance range was much smaller. I extended the range when i offered the profile publicly to accommodate the jets.

Tip on timer never occurred to me. Nice!

The original command DID combine with the timer function but don't always need both so I separated them.

To those in the community that would like to customize their profile as suggested, or otherwise, but not comfy doing so, just let me know.

The "load time" that Pfeil mentioned is the time it takes VA to boot up and switch between profiles.

Said changes will reduce this load time to some extent but your distance options will be somewhat reduced as well.

To Pfeil, thanks again. I'm sure I'll be hittin you up in the future.

Edited by Chic

JUST CHOPPERS

[/code]

That took me a little while to get my head around but is really useful.

I use numeric ranges in a few personal VA profiles and I didn't know you could use a multiplier this way.

I'll start another thread but there have got be many useful clever commands/profiles out there in the community, I wonder if a place could be made to dump profiles or commands and form some sort of library, to help others and speed up profile generation?

Anyway I'm OFF Topic

Just wanted to say thanks Pfeil for the tip and thanks to Chic for the calculator

I wonder if a place could be made to dump profiles or commands and form some sort of library, to help others and speed up profile generation?

Good idea. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3868707#post3868707

JUST CHOPPERS