Kneeboard Builder (windows app) - Page 86 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-09-2017, 07:44 PM   #851
Snacko

Reputation power: 13
Snacko has a spectacular aura aboutSnacko has a spectacular aura aboutSnacko has a spectacular aura aboutSnacko has a spectacular aura about

Awesome!! The Hotfixed worked!! Thanks man!!

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -
-- Thread -- ♥ Download
Snacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:59 PM   #852
DooVoo

Reputation power: 0
DooVoo is on a distinguished road

Just want to say this hotfix also solved my problem from a few months back. Thanks!
DooVoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:51 PM   #853
Snacko

Snacko has a spectacular aura aboutSnacko has a spectacular aura aboutSnacko has a spectacular aura aboutSnacko has a spectacular aura about

Has anybody uploaded their kneeboards to share with other users?

-- Thread -- ♥ Download
Old 10-11-2017, 09:48 AM   #854
Aviators

Reputation power: 14
Aviators is just really niceAviators is just really niceAviators is just really niceAviators is just really niceAviators is just really niceAviators is just really niceAviators is just really niceAviators is just really nice

an online database?
Old 10-11-2017, 11:55 AM   #855
InteR

Reputation power: 2
InteR is on a distinguished road

Hi AlaskanGrizzly, I tried to execute your new .exe version (1.6.9.9 Hotfix).

For DCS World 1.5.7. It Works fine, but when I tried to copy the "kneeboardbuilder" folder to execute the app with DCS World OpenAlpha, and I saved the preferences with DCS World OpenAlpha path, and later I did clic on "save" button, Kneeboardbuilder crashed suddently.

I tried to Run kneeboardbuilder again, but now It doesn't work. I tried to delete "KneeboardBuilder.exe.config" file, and later restore a copy of It. Then Kneeboardbuilder could to run fine. But when I try to change the "Standar" to "OpenAlpha", and clic on "Save" button, I have same problem again: It crash, and later It can't run...

I tried with the "KneeboardBuilder 1.6.9.8" .exe version for OpenAlpha, and It Worked fine, no crashes.

Greetings.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:55 PM   #856
AlaskanGrizzly

Reputation power: 9
AlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by InteR View Post
Hi AlaskanGrizzly, I tried to execute your new .exe version (1.6.9.9 Hotfix).

For DCS World 1.5.7. It Works fine, but when I tried to copy the "kneeboardbuilder" folder to execute the app with DCS World OpenAlpha, and I saved the preferences with DCS World OpenAlpha path, and later I did clic on "save" button, Kneeboardbuilder crashed suddently.

I tried to Run kneeboardbuilder again, but now It doesn't work. I tried to delete "KneeboardBuilder.exe.config" file, and later restore a copy of It. Then Kneeboardbuilder could to run fine. But when I try to change the "Standar" to "OpenAlpha", and clic on "Save" button, I have same problem again: It crash, and later It can't run...

I tried with the "KneeboardBuilder 1.6.9.8" .exe version for OpenAlpha, and It Worked fine, no crashes.

Greetings.
Could you please look at your windows error logs right after you try running Kneeboard Builder and e-mail them to me.

To view the error logs in windows 7:

click on the start menu -> control panel -> system and security -> administrative tools -> event viewer-> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application.

For windows 8 / 10:

right click on the start menu -> computer management -> expand 'event viewer' -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

To save your all events: right click on application -> save all events as -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

To save a single event: right click on the event(s) you want to save -> save selected event -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

E-mail the logs to me at s13solutions@gmail.com.

Thanks.
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:40 PM   #857
InteR

Reputation power: 2
InteR is on a distinguished road

Hi AlaskanGrizzly, You have an email.

Last edited by InteR; 10-16-2017 at 11:15 AM.
InteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:58 PM   #858
Vulpes

Reputation power: 0
Vulpes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi AlaskanGrizzly,
same here as described by InteR. I sent you an email with the event log as well. I hope it helps. Please keep up the good work, I love your tool.
Vulpes
Vulpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:15 AM   #859
kontiuka
ED Translator

Reputation power: 17
kontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nice

Hi AlaskanGrizzly,

After starting up the Kneeboard Builder, I try to select a profile from the task bar and I get the error message "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path". Any idea how I can fix this?
kontiuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:27 PM   #860
Snacko

You could delete it and remake it?

Or you could look in this folder and edit the .prof file in notepad.
...\KneeboardBuilder\Config\aircraftname

Maybe you will see the ImagePath or ProfilePath looks wrong and you can edit and save it.

EDIT:
This started happening to me today after I posted. I moved all of the profiles to another folder for backup. So, I had no profiles. Then I made a new profile and saved it. And this error continued.
I also removed the KneeboardBuilder.config file and restarted it. But I continued to get this error.
When I first installed this last week, the drag and drop feature worked. But it stopped working at some point. Maybe with the Hotfix? I don't know..

UPDATE:
Reinstalling 1.6.9.8, and adding the 1.6.9.9 Hotfix appears to have fixed the profile problem. But not the drag and drop of PDF or HTML files.

-- Thread -- ♥ Download

Last edited by Snacko; 10-18-2017 at 01:15 PM.