Kneeboard Builder (windows app) - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #51
eyusuf

Reputation power: 0
eyusuf can only hope to improve

All the ones I tried. About six of them. And all failed.

The capitalisation doesn't appear to work either.
eyusuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:10 PM   #52
AlaskanGrizzly

Reputation power: 9
AlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the rough

What version of windows do you have?

Try this earlier version and see if it works:

Version 1.2.1

(Click 'no' when it asks you if you want to update)

EDIT:

It appears the 'drag and drop' feature is not working for you for some reason. I am working on a quick fix that adds a browse button so you can manually browse to the file if you cannot drag and drop.

Last edited by AlaskanGrizzly; 09-13-2014 at 07:11 PM.
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:16 PM   #53
sobe

sobe is an unknown quantity at this point

AlaskanGrizzly
Much to my amazement ( because of the lack of my ability), I actually got your program to work and added an A10-C start up checklist to the kneeboard. However, I do have some questions.
When I activate the A10 Kneeboard, the first few pages include some maps and stuff that I assume are in the default kneeboard created by PeterP. Correct? I further assume that I can just delete them-correct?
The issue of subfolders is confusing to me. I would like to create an A10C subfolder for just certain checklists. If I create such a subfolder, how do I get it to appear in the kneeboard when I activate the kneeboard?

I think that I figured out the subfolder issue. You just make another folder under the game name and then simply change the folder to be used by your program. If you want to go back to your regular folder, again you would use your program to simply change folders. Correct?
Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Last edited by sobe; 09-13-2014 at 08:20 PM. Reason: answered my subfolder question.
sobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:58 PM   #54
AlaskanGrizzly

AlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobe View Post
When I activate the A10 Kneeboard, the first few pages include some maps and stuff that I assume are in the default kneeboard created by PeterP. Correct? I further assume that I can just delete them-correct?
The maps that appear in the default kneeboard are included at runtime in DCS and cannot be removed. The airport charts, however, can be removed. You can use my program to modify the default kneeboard as well.

To completely clear the default kneeboard:

1) In the 'Create Custom Kneeboard' tab under 'Select Aircraft' select 'Default Kneeboard'.
2) Make sure the 'Groups for Selected Kneeboard' section is empty.
3) Click on the 'Clear Default Kneeboard' button directly below the 'Groups for Selected Kneeboard' section.
4) A message box will appear telling you the Default Kneeboard has been cleared.

To restore the airport charts to the default kneeboard:

1) In the 'Create Custom Kneeboard' tab under 'Select Aircraft' select 'Default Kneeboard'.
2) Add the 'Default' group from the 'Available Groups' section to the 'Groups for Selected Custom Kneeboard' section.
3) Click on the 'Build Default Kneeboard' button.
4) A message box will appear telling you the default kneeboard has been built.

If you only want some of the default airport charts in the default kneeboard, you can copy the 'Default' group and modify the copy to only contain the charts you want. Then just add the copy group by itself to the 'Groups Selected' section and click on the 'Build Default Kneeboard' button.

Quote:
The issue of subfolders is confusing to me. I would like to create an A10C subfolder for just certain checklists. If I create such a subfolder, how do I get it to appear in the kneeboard when I activate the kneeboard?

I think that I figured out the subfolder issue. You just make another folder under the game name and then simply change the folder to be used by your program. If you want to go back to your regular folder, again you would use your program to simply change folders. Correct?
After you have created your subfolders (called 'Groups' in my program), just add the ones you want to be included in your kneeboard to the "Groups Selected' section and click on the 'Build Custom Kneeboard' button. Whenever you build a kneeboard for an aircraft it completely clears the existing kneeboard and the newly built kneeboard will only include the 'Groups' you have added to the 'Groups Selected' section.

For example, you have the following groups: 'Startup Checklist', 'Gun Employment Checklist' and 'Maverick Employment Checklist'.

Lets say you want to practice your startup and gun strafing skills. With 'A-10C' as the selected aircraft, only add the 'Startup Checklist' and 'Gun Employment Checklist' to the 'Groups Selected' section and click 'Build Custom Kneeboard for A-10C'. Your A-10C kneeboard will then only contain the 'Startup' and 'Gun' checklists.

After completing that mission, you decide you just want to practice using mavericks. Once again you would make sure 'A-10C' is your selected aircraft and then add the 'Maverick Employment Checklist' by itself to the 'Groups Selected' section. Click on the 'Build Custom Kneeboard' button and your A-10C kneeboard will now only contain the 'Maverick Employment Checklist'

I hope all of that makes sense. Once I get the program feature complete and bug free I plan on making some youtube videos demonstrating all of the program's features with some tips and tricks.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:40 PM   #55
eyusuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanGrizzly View Post
What version of windows do you have?

Try this earlier version and see if it works:

Version 1.2.1

(Click 'no' when it asks you if you want to update)

EDIT:

It appears the 'drag and drop' feature is not working for you for some reason. I am working on a quick fix that adds a browse button so you can manually browse to the file if you cannot drag and drop.
Windows 7 64 bit

The link you gave me is unavailable. So I can't see if 1.2.1 is working.

The drag and drop feature is standard with your program me design. So I think its really interesting to figure out why its not working. Especially since, if you remember, I stated that the first time I use your program me, the feature on your program me worked fine.

So this is a mystery worthy of Shylock Holmes. I'm hoping you are a mystery lover too, maybe (with some help from the Lord ) we can solve this one.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:55 AM   #56
sobe

sobe is an unknown quantity at this point

AlaskanGrizzly
Great post and a great program. What is your computer background?
Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .
sobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 01:45 AM   #57
eyusuf

Its frustrating me too.

I have a technical and businees background, which would be sufficient to sort out a small glitch like this. Just waiting for the instruction ...
Old 09-14-2014, 02:47 AM   #58
AlaskanGrizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyusuf View Post
Windows 7 64 bit

The link you gave me is unavailable. So I can't see if 1.2.1 is working.
Sorry the link is available again now.

Quote:
AlaskanGrizzly
Great post and a great program. What is your computer background?
I am self taught in C#, VB, HTML, PHP, Javascript and a little bit of LUA. It is mostly a hobby of mine right now; my current job is actually a police officer.

Last edited by AlaskanGrizzly; 09-14-2014 at 02:51 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #59
AlaskanGrizzly

Exclamation Version 1.4.1.0 Released

Version 1.4.1.0 is now available.

Version 1.4.1.0 Changelog:
-added button to manually browse .pdf files for import for situations where 'drag and drop' does not work
-fixed bug preventing .pdf files from being added to the import queue if the .pdf extension is capitalized (.PDF)
Old 09-14-2014, 12:04 PM   #60
Home Fries

Reputation power: 14
Home Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanGrizzly View Post
I am self taught in C#, VB, HTML, PHP, Javascript and a little bit of LUA. It is mostly a hobby of mine right now; my current job is actually a police officer.
Kick Ass!

As a self-taught programmer myself I have to say that your stuff is so polished that I would never have guessed. Thanks for your service as a cop as well.

S!

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote