Combined Arms Tournament 4

Alpenwolf

Shadow - Blue, no rain.

Sign me up as a reserve, as I am not sure I can make it.

I'll just sign you up. There are still enough slots there.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Was interesting! The Ka-50's were eliminated right away and that encouraged Blue ground units to take the battle to the Red forces and counter their surprising attack with a BIGGER surprise! Blue barely lost any ground units and won the day. They stopped the invasion and were victorious.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

It was great! I have personally liked this round much more than the previous one. Everything was pretty compact, good ranges, various units, interesting landscape influencing a tactic.

Yes, the red team has lost despite on more available units; yes, maybe tactic plan wasn't good enough; yes, it was mistake to lose Ka-50s so easy; yes, the communication wasn't clear and quick - but whatever!

I'm sure everybody had fun and has gotten new experience. We have seen positive and negative moments and discussed them. This all will help to make the next CA event even better.

Just let's keep it going! There are too few Combined Arms Tournaments.

Here is whole stream from my view, including explaining of our initial plan -

Here is only my combat moments from the round -

;4463688']KA-50 vs A-10

GAZELLE vs KA-50

I think the helicopters were simply intrigued to test their skills against other helicopters/airplanes. I understand that. Same thing with T-72's and BMP-2's wasting loads of ATGM's on the Gazelles.

Yes, it is fun but I had hoped the event was rather understood as some actual scenario where communication is vital and executing the plan the team came up with more sensibly. Which is why I had a certain storyline explaining the situation to help squeezing out more dedication and determination from the players.

Next round will probably be similar. Maybe in the Syria map with Merkavas against T-72's and T-55's with F-16C's vs MiG-29A's. Tunguskas and a mobile SAM SA-2 unit are also possible.

I'll try and figure out something to fix the language barrier issue among players of the same coalition. I'm open for suggestions in that regard. If you have any, post them here, please.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

We would like to try Tunguska in the next fight .

For those who watched the stream of the Tiger, I will explain: the Fog of war hid from us the positions of the enemies, what seems obvious to the viewer, we could not see.

It was interesting, we are not infantry or tankers :) We were interested to try what it is, our experience in combat arms is very small. BUT everyone really liked it and we want to repeat it!

I'll try and figure out something to fix the language barrier issue among players of the same coalition. I'm open for suggestions in that regard. If you have any, post them here, please.

As I said it on the debriefing, I'd divide players of the one team into two groups: Russian-speaking guys (RG) and English-speaking guys (EG). These groups should hold general plan but move and fight by themselves. Like as it was this tournament in the begining: EG has taken the west side and RG have taken the east one. In this case, it would be great if players of one team meet before the event at least one time and discuss the whole strategy, roles of players and the tactic of each group.

Of course there should be a common coordination between both groups but it shouldn't be all time and intensive but only in emergency cases.

We have already had something like that on Red Flag and Red Alert events. RG hear team's GSI and hold the general strategy but they fly by themselves and have own tactic.

I forgot to ask.

Why didn't the bots shoot at the enemy, even when they were nearby?

I'm not sure I understand the question.

As I said it on the debriefing, I'd divide players of the one team into two groups: Russian-speaking guys (RG) and English-speaking guys (EG). These groups should hold general plan but move and fight by themselves. Like as it was this tournament in the begining: EG has taken the west side and RG have taken the east one. In this case, it would be great if players of one team meet before the event at least one time and discuss the whole strategy, roles of players and the tactic of each group.

Of course there should be a common coordination between both groups but it shouldn't be all time and intensive but only in emergency cases.

We have already had something like that on Red Flag and Red Alert events. RG hear team's GSI and hold the general strategy but they fly by themselves and have own tactic.

Agree! And just like we said in the debriefing, in real life you also have coalition partners of different languages. Each party plays its role serving the common one. Red must have a way of involving a player who speaks both languages to keep both parties aware of the whole situation, especially in critical occurrences.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

There wont be a round 5 in terms of a tournament, however, a mission featuring Combined Arms and helicopters will kick off next week! Check here.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

• 2 months later...

Maybe it's best to lock this tournament thread, now that this tournament happened 2 years ago?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2022 at 12:50 PM, D4n said:

Maybe it's best to lock this tournament thread, now that this tournament happened 2 years ago?

Is it a burden to you? I don't see any other old or older tournaments locked. Now that I had to respond to you, it's back all the way up when it shouldn't.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments