DCS: F/A-18C Features Roadmap for Early Access

Kate Perederko

• ED Team
Will this include damage modelling or at least the effect of damage on the FM and FCS?

Damage modelling and especially FCS damage / FCS fallback is not even on the list.

I think this was an absolute basic feature for a combat simulator...

Yes, the flight model update includes FCS warnings and damage model update.

• ED Team
Genuine question since idk about programming. Is changing some value for the correct flare and chaff really that difficult task that you have to ask the community if its should be prioritize?

It's not a matter of difficulty. It's about the priority for the community and the willing to deliver what is important for the community in terms of gameplay and product usage.

• ED Team
Kate - you say the list for 2020 is long and the goal is tight.

Ok.

So what can yo tell us about changes being made internally inside ED that can give us *any* confidence that we won’t be in this exact situation in 2021 talking about ‘what was missed in 2020 that needs to be delivered in 2021, and of the things that should have been in 2021 we can live without’.

What, in fact, is different about this list than the list at release or last year?

I hope it gave you the transparency that was required and the list of features that should be expected. Moreover, with the release of the features, the community can see how we progress and will we meet the goals.

• ED Team
Although this comment is quite toxic and negative, I must admit it comes from a very true feeling that more than one have felt in the past. I think sometimes we forget we are customers and we give our money to ED in exchange of a product, sometimes a very flawed one. Kate: Won't you agree in saying that fixing first at least 50% of the huge bug list you have should come first? The hornet has suffered from this since day one: 1 thing gets implemented, that thing has 50 bugs, then another thing gets implemented, that thing has 50 bugs... and so on and so on. How does it end? Here, exactly where we are now, with a fair share of customers unsatisfied.

Yes, I do and it's the plan.

I posted the list of features but it's not the same as the bug list. At the moment we have 375 issues to be delivered in total for Hornet.

And the navigation suit will be delivered as it's mentioned in the list.

• ED Team
Thanks ED . . . great update.

Are there any plans to implement the Bank Angle Control (BAC) Option?

Would be nice to have the autopilot bank in the TAC mode will over targets.

Bank Angle Control (BAC) Option - Pressing the BAC option toggles between NAV and TAC Bank Limits (BLIM). These are used by the autopilot when banking the aircraft. NAV BLIM limits aircraft bank angle to 30°, while TAC BLIM limits bank angle to 60°. Note that the autopilot may not be able to maintain altitude consistently with TAC BLIM selected, depending on altitude.

Hornet-Auto-Pilot.png"]Hornet-Auto-Pilot.png[/url]

Not the highest priority, but would be on the "nice to have" list.

Thank you!

For us it's a part of the task "Coupled autopilot modes".

Dear Kate,

I have a suggestion regarding the Mission preparation and set up cards:

Would it be an option to store those settings in an xml file (or any other format that is easy to read/edit) for example under the user files?

They could be easily read inside the plane by pressing a "load" button. I think that is the way the future Kiowa module will handle the files.

This would have huge benefits:

* You would create a compatibility for external mission planning tools like "combat flight"

* You could edit the mission card while still being in a mission and switch tasks without having to reconnect

* It would be easy to share reccon results between different flights without having to reconnect/restart the mission

* A benefit for the team:

This is a low hanging fruit. By enabling this option, your team can take some time developing a polished solution within DCS, while we can already take advantage of this functionality using external tools.

Win-Win... Less pressure or more time to develop more important stuff for your team.

Great opportunity and a huge variety of options for the user as he will get this feature way earlier than planned and would allow great interoperability with different modules.

This could set a standard for all data cartridge equipped aircraft.

Thank you for your effort

Best regards

Thanks for the update n roadmap goals Kate. Hopefully the second half of the year goes better then the first for hitting milestones, also hopefully as part of this we do see some of the incorrect 'assumptions' fixed? Eg flare load outs, limits on the ale-47 being useable only with master arm on, even though check lists for said unit warn to have it in stby during landings too prevent flare or chaff drop by accident (master arm is already off / inhibited with gear down )

On the datacard/muni/mission planner does this mean we will have an extended wait for long periods again? Ecause currently most of the 3rd parties have given us some form of mission planning and art loading through .lua or txt file in save games andmarker points in map. The current have to edit the mission method, doesn't work for multiplayer full stop and is really a core feature that needs some priority given it's as you said something that impacts more. Then just the hornet and really is a quality of life upgrade that has been promised for over a year now in some form.

In the intrum is there ANY chance we can have the settings in ALE_47.lua for thecmds program able to be user editable in savegames so it doesn't Break IC but ppl can program temporary cmds programs?currently ppl are editing it in the dcs/mods/f-18_lot20/cockpit/systems/ etc folder but that breaks ic as mentioned.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

Thanks very much Kate for promising Roadmap.

But I missed somewhere note about CBU-99 and Mk-20 Rockeye proper fuze options implementation. Now we have fuze - non existing in RW, already promised by ED to finalize that.

Edited by GumidekCZ

• ED Team

I would prefer to discuss the Mission planning tool as a separate thread and focus on it so the ideas are not lost. We want to incorporate the efforts that were already done by 3rd parties and refactor it together to prepare the best possible tools for all aircraft.

Dear Kate,

Could you please provide update if problems with MFDs exports and brightness are looked at ?

It was reported long time ago (last year ?) here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=251433&page=3

and it is still not corrected.

kind regards,

Intel Core i7-12700K CPU @ 3.61GHz, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTC 3060TI, X-56 HOTAS, Triple TM MFD Cougar custom built LCD set, TrackIR 5,

Thanks Kate.

Just wondering, I assume that current bugs, e.g. shoot cue on AIM-9s etc. are additional to the list you published.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

In the intrum is there ANY chance we can have the settings in ALE_47.lua for thecmds program able to be user editable in savegames so it doesn't Break IC but ppl can program temporary cmds programs?currently ppl are editing it in the dcs/mods/f-18_lot20/cockpit/systems/ etc folder but that breaks ic as mentioned.

That's strange Rob, I've been editing mine with Notepad++ to change my programs since forever and it hasn't broken IC. What modifications are you doing to your file?

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

• ED Team
Dear Kate,

Could you please provide update if problems with MFDs exports and brightness are looked at ?

It was reported long time ago (last year ?) here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=251433&page=3

and it is still not corrected.

kind regards,

It's not related to Hornet only. This bug will be taken into consideration for development during summer time. However, I cannot say that we will definitely fix it this summer. We will have a special session to review bugs for DCS Core and work with the priorities.

• ED Team
Thanks Kate.

Just wondering, I assume that current bugs, e.g. shoot cue on AIM-9s etc. are additional to the list you published.

All bugs or issues or improvements related to weapon systems are a bit different topic and has it's own pipeline.

All bugs or issues or improvements related to weapon systems are a bit different topic and has it's own pipeline.

Thanks for the clarification, Kate.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Anyone know what the New and updated HOTAS functions is all about?

More functions since a LOT are currently missing. Basically similar to the Viper where you rarely need to touch the DDI OSB's to manipulate screens and change between modes.

Thank you for the update. Great work so far :)

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha