Sounds are Great

I didn't realize that a creative trial had trashed 2 of my channels in my system until I went to use my mixer. Not to mention, I often run with the sound down while listening to music.

I uninstalled re-installed my sound blaster drivers and did not install any of their trial software.

Until now, I had no idea how amazing the Spitfire sounds were.

I just took off and the change in sound when the wheels lift off is pure heaven.

Excuse me while I CRANK IT UP. *climbing to altitude now* ;)

Thank you to all responsible. Very nice!

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

The only problem with these is they're very quiet (the in-cockpit-closed-canopy samples I mean), noticeably more quiet than in remaining warbirds for some reason.

Have to take a look at relevant .lua files and see what can be done about it.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

The only problem with these is they're very quiet (the in-cockpit-closed-canopy samples I mean), noticeably more quiet than in remaining warbirds for some reason.

Have to take a look at relevant .lua files and see what can be done about it.

Anything over 1/4 on my volume control is too loud with my system.

It would be nice to tone down the interior just a hair for sure.

I often thought a volume slider for the engine would help too.

I get confused with what to slide for what so I leave them all maxed except music which is off.

It's workable enough for me.

I generally stream music while flying so it is a fine balance for sure.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

I much prefer Jafa's sounds, particularly for the Spitfire. They are known to cause eargasms.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seconded on Jafa's sound mods. I love the popping noise with rapid reduction in throttle. I've been dying to capture external videos of his sound mod, but the Spitfire's replays are always trash so I never get the chance.

I tried it long ago. It sounded ok. The current DCS sounds please me just as much or more.

I have since my mod days done a complete uninstall and re-install and swore to never touch another user mod again for various reasons. Rock stock from now on for me.

User mods are what drove me away from X-plane and back to DCS.

Some are good like Jaffa's possibly is and some are not so good.

Running mods while beta testing is a criminal offence isn't it?

Seconded on Jafa's sound mods. I love the popping noise with rapid reduction in throttle. I've been dying to capture external videos of his sound mod, but the Spitfire's replays are always trash so I never get the chance.

I tried it long ago. It sounded ok. The current DCS sounds please me just as much or more.

I have since my mod days done a complete uninstall and re-install and swore to never touch another user mod again for various reasons. Rock stock from now on for me.

People mod DCS OB all the time, and the only time moderators will approach you about it is if you are doing a bug report.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

People mod DCS OB all the time, and the only time moderators will approach you about it is if you are doing a bug report.

True.

Some mods are great.

I am just a bit peeved about mods that cause me problems and errors.

I am extremely happy now. I will attempt to stay that way.

Just saying thanks for the great stock sounds.

+1! I hope he's working on the 109 now.
He's working on the Hornet right now! Woot!

https://youtu.be/7P3CsMlv0-E

Sub to this channel and you can catch his next snippet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are sound mods multiplayer/integrity check compatible? Also, do they need to be re-installed after every patch?
Yes, and no, if you have JSGME or OvGME

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Keep in mind, however, that because of dreaded sample sharing between various DCS airplanes, trying to install a few mods together might cause conflicts here and there, with mod X overwriting some samples of mod Y etc.

For that reason I prefer to turn them on and off one by one (with JSGME / OvGME) depending on which plane I'm going to fly in that particular gaming session.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.