What will it mean changes in Radar on FC3?

falcon_120

Wags stated recently that the hornet is having a major radar work, from which among other aspects other FC3 aircrafts will benefit.

However I'm curious to know how will this apply to FC3. Will we see or feel any significant changes from how this radars operate now? Obviously HMI wise they will stay as simple to operate, but will we see for example a higher time to lock or a simulated scan pattern? I would love to hear some implications to have a good debate over this nice addition (if its like i understand it...)

Thanks in advance!

@Wags perhaps you could give us a very little teaser?

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Yes...

Did he ever actually say FC3?

In the newsletter they said 'other modules'.

And in the Hornet mini-update he said 'other aircraft'.

Unless there's somewhere else it was mentioned and they said FC3, I think people are reading too much into this - those 'other aircraft' are probably the F-16C and F-4.

I would just say that "other modules" / "other aircraft" pertains to something set in the future, be it announced or not, that will benefit from this technology.

F-16C could be a good example, but I don't think they are working on F-4 anymore - last time i heard about it it was on hold.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Apart from over the last few years, incrementally, new radar modelling, updates to HUD & HDD displays, support for 2 active seeker TWS missile launch for MiG-29, new FMs / ground handling, new external models, new cockpits, pretty sure Wags mentioned new cockpit textures upcoming, new damage models being developed.

& personally I'd expect changes to the radar modelling to appear across all modules over time.

Edit : When the DM & cockpit textures arrive, then with the exception of maybe the SSM hydraulic / electrical and warning systems can you think of anything that will be left in the FC3 Su-27/Su-33/F-15 from the original implementation as released ?

When it comes to the fast movers (& the Su-25A bar its FM,) E.D. will have - one step at a time - completely replaced the original product with updated planes, without charge.

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

Apart from over the last few years, incrementally, new radar modelling, updates to HUD & HDD displays, support for 2 active seeker TWS missile launch for MiG-29, new FMs / ground handling, new external models, new cockpits, pretty sure Wags mentioned new cockpit textures upcoming, new damage models being developed.

& personally I'd expect changes to the radar modelling to appear across all modules over time.

Edit : When the DM & cockpit textures arrive, then with the exception of maybe the SSM hydraulic / electrical and warning systems can you think of anything that will be left in the FC3 Su-27/Su-33/F-15 from the original implementation as released ?

When it comes to the fast movers (& the Su-25A bar its FM,) E.D. will have - one step at a time - completely replaced the original product with updated planes, without charge.

True but not being able to use the cockpit for commands is an immersion killer. I still love the F-15 but I want it to be equal to the other planes in DCS. It gets no respect from the serious crowd and that's kind of understandable.

Buzz

Zeus from Razbam also confirmed some time ago that the other modules will benefit from the new radar technology developed for the F-18. I'm pretty sure he doesn't meant the others excluding the Mirage :music_whistling:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]