A-6 "Intruder" by Razbam

YoYo

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooh.....what about a Spark Vark??? Electric Fox for the win!!!

ED needs to correctly model jamming and Electronic Warfare before flying an EW aircraft becomes tactically useful.

Now, the original f111? That’s another conversation :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been reading some A-6 stuff here this week, one source said twenty eight 500lb bombs could be carried, and another stated that the KA-6D could hoist 13 tons of fuel on five stations and internals. This is off of a carrier deck mind you....

Intruder be like "do you even lift Bro?"

The intruder was (and still is) and impressive feat of carrier aviation. The fact that it wasn’t retired until the 90s and even then under considerable pressure (the navy wanted the a12 - basically a super intruder - but were not given the budget for it). We still see them around as EA6’s but not for much longer (basically until there’s enough Growlers in service).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
OK, I bought the Mirage I also prepurchased the Harrier.. I see 39 pages of Intruder discussion. What more do you Razbam guys need to get to work and make one of the most impressive planes in the history (A6E)?... :) :) :)

...the proper implementation of multi-crew maybe? :smilewink:

Edited by evilivan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And a solid ground radar from ED. I know HB and the Community A-4 guys have more or less made their own, but I keep hearing that the 3rd party guys are waiting for the release of Hornet, and the ground radar coding, to implement on future 3rd party releases.

Am I close on this or just listening too much to my mates' speculations??

~Rob

Ok RAZ... maybe you think the Harrier was just an awesome Idea and such a great plane... k.. you decision. But the INTRUDER was a time dominating plane over decades. Like the A7 or the F4. It is now MORE THAN TIME to get an Intruder and go hunting SAM Sites, bridges and the ho chi min track...

Ok RAZ... maybe you think the Harrier was just an awesome Idea and such a great plane... k.. you decision. But the INTRUDER was a time dominating plane over decades. Like the A7 or the F4. It is now MORE THAN TIME to get an Intruder and go hunting SAM Sites, bridges and the ho chi min track...

Once we have an A/G radar in DCS, it will happen, we already have the 3d assets and they are not the ones we used in FSX or SF

What post # is the above post by Prowler 111 as referenced by In any?

~Rob

It's the last post on page 39.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3306928&postcount=390

I'm looking forward to fly this ugly beauty. :D

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• 2 weeks later...
Once we have an A/G radar in DCS, it will happen, we already have the 3d assets and they are not the ones we used in FSX or SF

Guys, don't we have that already in the Viggen? I doubt the A6 radar was much fancier (still remember how the b/n Tiger Cole used to reset/restart the stuck drumms of their A6 radar in the notorious novel).

Multi crew is different story. We need to see how the Tomcat Jester will pan out.....:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

Guys, don't we have that already in the Viggen? I doubt the A6 radar was much fancier (still remember how the b/n Tiger Cole used to reset/restart the stuck drumms of their A6 radar in the notorious novel).

Multi crew is different story. We need to see how the Tomcat Jester will pan out.....:joystick:

No - the viggen Radar is just a lethernecks workaround to show some Topography on the scope- but they will not give their work to other 3rd party studios like razbam.

You could say- go razbam, build your own radar... but we all know that ED will bring a solid and workable AG radar to DCS world, that would make the work on a workaround solution obsolete...

So , let’s wait for the new tools , so we don’t need to fiddle around on such things by hand ;)

I guess it was easier to draw it with front and back? Or did some variants have front/back seating?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1