Big Helicopters

Prowler111

Big Helicopters  

548 members have voted

1. 1. Big Helicopters

• Yes
    • No

I say yes, but what I really want is a Vietnam era AH-1 Cobra!

PS- Harrier is my most anticipated module and I LOVE how much Razbam is sharing etc. Great work guys! :thumbup:

Why? Why would you want a technologically gimped AH-1G when you could have the far more flexible and enjoyable AH-1W?

Why? Why would you want a technologically gimped AH-1G when you could have the far more flexible and enjoyable AH-1W?

For the same reason I prefer WWII, Korea, and Vietnam aircraft simulations above all modern aircraft. I'm absolutely certain there are a lot of people flying DCS who prefer antique technology! :pilotfly:

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't know exactly what equipment was added to the Cobra for AH-1W spec. Perhaps I would like it fine, but for me to be really happy it must have no auto hover, no SAS, and no guided weapons! If the AH-1W fits that description then I redact my statement.

Edited by TripRodriguez

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

Hi to all....i dont know if the UH-60 Blackhawk is considered "Heavy Heli" but it is one of my favourite.:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

I'm with TripRod. Plus the g matches our current helicopter set (Huey, MI-8) for Vietnam type stuff. The Whiskey is a twin and a tech marvel like the Apache, too much whiz-bang stuff for me.

The G offers no new experience from the current Huey. It is just a slimmer version. The W which BST is working on offers a comparable experience to the KA-50 and provides a useful gunship platform on a greater variety of maps. If you absolutely hate Hellfires and APKWS, you can still run a mission where the loadout of the Whiskey is restricted to the same that a Vietnam era helicopter would have. The reverse cannot be said.

Now that somebody mentioned the Seaknight, it would fit well with all the naval planes Razbam are creating. Plus it could transformed into the swedish/japanese versions of it(or atleast have swedish splinter camo, love me some HKP4)

The G offers a Cobra. I personally think the Apache is a superior weapons system and I would wish for one of those would show up.

That said, if a Cobra was to come along I'd buy it, no matter what version. I do think that if devs are going to keep cranking out old helicopters then give us an attack jobby that is concurrent with the Huey H. I think you are wrong on the capabilities, the G model gunship was more than just a skinny Huey, by quite a bit: it's faster and a hell of a lot more maneuverable, etc......if it was the same thing but slimmer the Army wouldn't have invested in it in the first place because that owuld be a supreme waste of money (not that the Guv is good with our tax dollars, but....) A Whiskey or Z would be neat, the G matches more with what is already here and coming next.

As far as what BST is working on, I have seen they have been helping with Hornet, there's the MI-24 coming, and nothing has been said in over two years for a Cobra. If I'm wrong I would LOVE to see it, because no matter what I would prefer to see the fact is that the American plane set SHOULD HAVE a proper attack helicopter to counter the KA-50 and the DCS Havoc, as well as compliment our aged transport Huey.

~Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Will be a CH-53...(Sea Stallion or Super Stallion?)

19055702_1374080826011885_5679937095824728991_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=7995388d6d801313e513ead33658c324&oe=59D5E624

Spotted on FB page

https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/posts/1374080826011885:0

Edited by Automan

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Will be a CH-53...(Sea Stallion or Super Stallion?)

Spotted on FB page

https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/posts/1374080826011885:0

The AAQ-29 mounted on a boom offset port gives it away as a modernized CH-53E Super Sea Stallion. There are no S-65's that have had a FLIR mounted in this way.

• Like 2

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Not to mention the fact that it has seven main rotor blades.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

• 3 weeks later...

How about one of these? :megalol:

Aircrane1.png?dl=1

Aircrane.png?dl=1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I'd do a Skycrane. It doesn't have the versatility or cool factor of a -53, but it'd be cool to sling some armor around an AO. We talking an FC3 style bird with non clickable correct cockpit, or is this an importer cockpit/flight model deal?

Currently uses the Huey cockpit.

Flyable but no animation yet.

WIP

I will continue to work on this.

We may see it in sim carrying, well, just about anything! :)

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Mirage 2000, Harrier, Mirage F, Tucano, Mig-19 and now some helicopters....

I wish RAZBAM have finished what they started (M2000C) rather then start twenty other projects.

Mirage F? Also, they haven't said they're making any helicopters...