Air to air refueling

Indeed, SUU-25 is an illum flare dispenser, not a countermeasures dispenser.

ah my my mistake

well from what i recall the devs stae somewhere in the F5E tiger thread. it would have countermeasures capability.

further looking through for information

if what i read is accurate this is the type of counter measure dispenser the F5E should have the AN/ALE 29 flare/ chaff dispenser.

http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_fighters/f5_25.html

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

A slight on your part. The CF-5A was built in Canada under license from Northrop by Canadair. There was no option in the Canadian version.

Yes there was.

Its just that Canada Decided for the Refuling Probe for the aircraft they bought (as any Canadian fighter will be required to fly long distances so a refuling probe is a must)

But look at the NF-5.

the CF-5s Built by Canadair for the Netherlands airforce.

They did not have the Refuling probe.

Because the Netherlands airforce did not see it as needed as it was only supposed to be used in the European Theatre and as such the distances where small enough to where it had not need for Refuling capabilities to fulfill its mission.

Just because The Canadian airforce decided on the refuling probe does not mean it was not an Optional addition.

And out of the two nations that Acquired new built CF-5s (Canada and the Netherlands) one of them Chose a Refuling Probe and the other did not.

Belsimtek I just bought the F-5E Tiger II. Please add the refueling probe. Thank you! :thumbup:

I agree that the refueling probe is a have to due to usage all over the world! But as it was optional equipment it should be only assigned to the countries which got those probes on the f-5's. Swiss airforce f-5's dont have it. Maybe there is a possibility to add the fuel probe as selectable equipment like weapons or dispensers to make developement easier? What you mean?

Fractal Define R6 | Maximus XI Hero | i7-9700K@5.1GHz | GTX 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | SSD M.2 1TB | VG248QE | TM Hotas Warthog | TrackIR4

DCS F-5E | MiG-21 | A-10C | FC3 | NTTR | F/A-18C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lol, I'm reading the responces and thinking to myself, in the end do I really care. Nope. Just bring on the module I wanna blow stuff up.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

So far I didn't see any nation with stock F-5E with air refuelling probe,

is there any one?

Should the Tiger not been in Terms of DCS realistic and not equipment they did never use?

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

If they add it it should be optional.

I dont think they should add it as default as most F-5Es never had the Refueling probe.

And don't think they can do this realistic, all newer variants with new radar Etc. brazil air force probably don't give them the technical documents to add a refuel probe.

Can also not find any F-5E that's all newer variants.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

There were Un-Upgraded F-5Es with Refuling Probes.

It was an Option from the start.

As an example.

Here is a Moroccan F-5E on its way to be Delivered in 1981.

ws08.jpg

And as you can see it has a Refuling Probe.

Edited by mattebubben

Thx mattebubben don't see this so far, then when they can add this in the mission editor why not..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• 4 weeks later...

It's another system to simulate.

Probably not a horrifically complex one, but it's an added feature.

Developers have to limit the specifications somewhere, and lock them down.

Belsimtek have opted to give us a fairly vanilla F-5E without a lot of the optional "bells and whistles" - that's all.

So, it's unlikely to be an option (I think the developers have said as much), and it likely won't be a future add-on (seriously, can you name a DCS module where the developers came back after it was a successful stable product - not beta - and added things to it?).

Edited by Vedexent

1965-67 tests,

tumblr_inline_o35x0cGJdt1t90ue7_1280.jpg

Interestingly the option was definitely there but may be never used in the block we are getting.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 2 months later...

Kind of an old post coming back to life...

Originally, i wasn't really bothered by this issue. Belsimtek decided on a model and that's that. However, as of late, i've been flying the Tiger a lot and i'll have to switch camp on this one.

A refueling Probe would be greatly appreciated. The Tiger is so fun to fly, it just wants to be kept in the air more. Every mission flown with it lasts for about 15 to 20 minutes, tops. After which, it needs to come home to rearm and refuel. Having this option could yield longer experiences and more complex missions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roBkQKvPHSc

Just my input.

Cheers,

Edited by Thisdale

http://www.youtube.com/konotani

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27-INCH G-SYNC

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Fanatec Clubsport Pedals (used as Rudders)

Thrustmaster T300 Arcantera Wheel

Obutto R3volution rig