IFF in the Hornet

Nickkerkwijk

The symbols look like this:

5xVMJ58.png?1

You can see the icon already when in STT (though it's just showing as unknown/ambiguous right now), you can also see some of the new symbols starting to appear on the SA page in Wags' updates. The symbols can be colour coded - e.g. Red for hostile as you can see here:

attachment.php?attachmentid=201830&d=1547157245

What is the range/scale of the SA page? I can’t see any indication of it (maybe because it is WIP still). Can it be changed? Or does it always correspond to the current scale of the HSI? Or the radar range?

Sorry for hijacking...:music_whistling:

Edit: It appears in the screenshot the scale of the SA page is 20 NM. The radar shows tracks about 10 NM away and on the SA page they are at about the half the distance from the ownship symbol (center) to the compass rose.

Edited by Hog_No32

Right now the IFF in the hornet is a nightmare.. contact switch from diamond, to square, to dotted square, and again and again...

It makes BVR almost impossible in servers such as blue flag Caucasus. I always end up having to visually ID or trust my Rwr if the guy turn his radar on... and with the Russian having their magic datalink and irst it doesn't happen frequently.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Right now the IFF in the hornet is a nightmare.. contact switch from diamond, to square, to dotted square, and again and again...

It makes BVR almost impossible in servers such as blue flag Caucasus. I always end up having to visually ID or trust my Rwr if the guy turn his radar on... and with the Russian having their magic datalink and irst it doesn't happen frequently.

just keep the contact in ladder for a few seconds , it will IFF , of course this is not how it suppose to be but this is how ED put it right now

So you mean to keep it into the horizontal ladder ? In the center of the hud ?

And what is the definitive symbology right now ?

Square = friend

Diamond= bandit

Dotted square = ???

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

So you mean to keep it into the horizontal ladder ? In the center of the hud ?

And what is the definitive symbology right now ?

Square = friend

Diamond= bandit

Dotted square = ???

Dotted means the radar is loosing the lock.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Diamond is bandit, square is bogey. We're missing the symbology for friendly, which is a square with FRIEND written underneath. ED aren't simulating IFF properly yet.

I thought a diamond was unknown which was why friendlies would initially pop up as a diamond. Did not realize the “FRIEND” part was missing.

i7-7700k OC'd to 5.0 GHz, ASUS 1080ti OC, 32 GB 3200 MHz G.Skill, Samsung 960 pro M.2, Thrustmaster Warthog, Saitek pedals, Valve Index HMD

The symbols look like this:

5xVMJ58.png?1

You can see the icon already when in STT (though it's just showing as unknown/ambiguous right now), you can also see some of the new symbols starting to appear on the SA page in Wags' updates. The symbols can be colour coded - e.g. Red for hostile as you can see here:

attachment.php?attachmentid=201830&d=1547157245

How do you manage to do that? I mean getting the bandits on the SA page.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

You can't yet. That SS was provided by Wags as a teaser of what is to come.

Aha ok :)

Just now the hornet is a bit pain in the ass, when you do IFF. Compared that with the F-15.

Atm my preferred BVR fighter is the F-15:thumbup:

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView