Very Basic Question

Rebel28

Let me start off by saying that the work done here is fantastic and I really enjoy your efforts. That being said I realize that that some creators here may get annoyed at this (what will be to them a simple problem) but I am trying to learn. Attached is a simple mission that I downloaded but can’t recall where. I am trying to learn by starting with modifying or fixing simple missions which works most of the time. This one has me searching for the fix.

The problem with this mission is that Springfield 1-2 always crashes short of the runway. Nothing I have tried seems to work. Would one of you please take the time to tell me why this is happening and how you would fix it?

P51-Camp-1.miz

Let me start off by saying that the work done here is fantastic and I really enjoy your efforts. That being said I realize that that some creators here may get annoyed at this (what will be to them a simple problem) but I am trying to learn. Attached is a simple mission that I downloaded but can’t recall where. I am trying to learn by starting with modifying or fixing simple missions which works most of the time. This one has me searching for the fix.

The problem with this mission is that Springfield 1-2 always crashes short of the runway. Nothing I have tried seems to work. Would one of you please take the time to tell me why this is happening and how you would fix it?

The problem is that the AI is stupid. 1-2 is flying his position slightly lower than the flight leader. He holds that position coming in to land and flies right into the rise in front of the runway rather than lifting over it. Best solution is to simply make him a flight of his own unless you can load some intelligence along with his weapons. I think you're using him as eye candy anyway. So that shouldn't create any issues.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I moved the flight to Mozdok to see what would happen. No problems. Both Mustangs landed successfully as a unit. So it’s the rigidity of the AI that’s creating the issue.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.