New mod ideas?

Hello everyone! I am new to the DCS modding community and I want to get my feet wet with modding and all that jazz. I know LUA and I have toyed around with 3d modeling. I can put a plane in game and get it to fly with lot of help but I can do that basics. I am just looking for suggestions from the community that would like to see something in DCS. I come from a strong aerobatic background in this community so I am all ears open :)

welcome and thank you for you good news! :-) please feel free to do some soviet era airfield equipment mod, new ammo bunkers, soviet specific shelters (hardened) for aircrafts (AU11-16) , crew and vehicles, radar hills, fuel depots, vehicles, towbars, fuel trucks, new APA (Ural and Zil 131), tower, flight lin check points, crew buildings, fences, walls, trees and bushes. . . and so on. . .

Edited by flanker1

I know it's unlikely but...hum, an UFO maybe?

I mean, not a flying saucer, a proper ufo. Like a flying orb or a large pinball.

Something that would leave the player wondering what he just saw zipping by his canopy.

Cherry on the cake would be to "hide" it inside another mod, like a "barrel and crates" mod or something so it could be added to a mission without the player suspecting it.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I will try my best to work with what I have. I am unable to do anything related to an EFM right now because I do not have the knowledge of the language that it uses. Ground assets are a good start and I will take any suggestions from those. I am American so I will most likely be doing more American content but I will try to add some variation in there. I saw the post about the drone. That is a good idea however, there already is a drone in the game and to access the laser designation I would have to have access to the SDK I believe, which is a 3rd party only tool.

My humble suggestion as a future project:

The Sukhoi T-12/Sh-90... the cancelled successor to the Su-25.

Early variants even re-used Su-25 components for much of the fuselage (and some used Mig-29 engines):

https://pkk-avia.livejournal.com/58714.html?nojs=1

This means that the Su-25T cockpit can be reused!

It is pretty well documented for an unbuilt project, and would give us a higher performance Su-25 with an expanded weapon load and expanded sensors (at least by adding a hidden Fantasmagoria pod). So, it could be a relatively fun and quick aircraft to model.

• 3 weeks later...

My suggestion? Learn the basics through making a ship or ground vehicle. There's a lot of basic principles to understand in coding, modelling and texturing without having to getting too complex.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

How about a Yak-55M and some good custom airshow objects.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

• 3 weeks later...