Flying machine troubles

BlacleyCole

I have two laptops for dcs my newer one is te one I use to fly on in bro. My older laptop is my server and mission editor machine since it isn’t tangled down with controls and cables. Well I bee feeling too poorly to fly for the past couple of weeks. Since then the pg map and f-18 have came out well my drive was getting full prior to this I have even bought one solution for the problem but haven’t gotten around to swapping the m.2 drives out the original is a sata so in the beginning I ordered a 2tb Satan.2 to replace the 500gbin it but I’m been told that the newer nvme are faster noticeably so so I was waiting for verification that a) it would work if I installed the nvme m.2 drive , b) it would be worth the extra cost and or loss of space smaller nvme vs larger sata of equal cost, and c) the preferred way to transfer the data from the old 500gb to the new larger drive clone, fresh,install, copy pertinent data and leave the rest

So I’m looking for several answers to get back in the air:

1) what is the best hoof m.2 ssd drive to replace the 500 GG unitin there?

2) whats h best meathod to transfer or setupthe new unit?

3) cleaned up the drive and changed the color room. Red to blue by uninstalling unused program nd through disk clean up pulse other techniques. But dcs till is Failing to work properly. It I’ll eat to menu he allow m to elect aircraft , mission and map in instant mission then crashes before you get to the briefing page. I have ran clean and repair both and it still will not load the flight.

What els should I do was working great last time I as able to fly but that was before the pg map release I’ve been usingthe bu laptop for mission building a few minutes a day as I felt like so I didn’t even run updates until a couple days ago two about a day between th updates and f-18 the pg mag was loaded a week earlier. Since IT was humming a way. Then I did expect any problems when it crashed I checked ree space on the drive it was less than 30 go iirc cleaned everything u gut back over 40gb free. It’s a ssd so I ran trim hoping to recover some more but not much if any. Like i said I unplugged everything from it eliminating any change an item died and was causing conflict. M not on itplus I’m sure which lua file to look at and or post showing what is causing problems I gonna disable my mods next to see if the conflict is there I wish to reorgani7them anyway by a squad and my mods.

Any help will be appreciated.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.