Rain Effects

Mule

Wow! Congratulations to whoever created the new rain effect. It is fantastic. I just sat in the cockpit of the Harrier with the weather on full rain. I don't know if it's the Brit in me (we love our rain) but man that adds some immersion.

It is great and thank you!

:thumbup:

Sorry the rain effect is working on the harrier?

I thought it was only available for the Hornet at the mo, and they would bring it in for others gradually. That’s stunning news if it’s already working

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I hope they add prop wash effects to the raindrops for the prop planes.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Sorry the rain effect is working on the harrier?

I thought it was only available for the Hornet at the mo, and they would bring it in for others gradually. That’s stunning news if it’s already working

It actually works for quite a few modules, I can't remember all off the top of my head - but just turn it on in the options and try it out for yourself :)

It actually works for quite a few modules, I can't remember all off the top of my head - but just turn it on in the options and try it out for yourself :)
works automatically for any module with the most updated glass textures. I was happily surprised to see it worked with my C-101.

I've tried 2.5beta and 2.5 release and not rain effect at all. I've seen on youtube, a video with rain effect on SU-27, I've tried with this plane on my 2 versions of DCS but not rain effact at all.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks guys !

I hadn't noticed yet the option in the graphic settings.

That works !

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Rain Effects

works automatically for any module with the most updated glass textures. I was happily surprised to see it worked with my C-101.

For now it is not working with both A-10, Viggen, SU-25, SU-25T, SA-342 Gazelle, Hawk, Mig-21, Ka-50, L-39, ....too many

Still testing.

The rain effect makes a world of difference on inmersion. I hope eventually all planes get it implemented.

Thanks ED!

Edited by 3ra_Luke

MSI Trident X Plus 9SF-488EU Intel Core i9-9900K/64GB/2x2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD+1x2TB SSD/RTX 2080Ti/Samsung C49RG90 120hz/HP Reverb/

having rain effect is a great thing. adds lots of immersion for sure

but it is still very much w.i.p. and has very long way to go.

rain drops go away completely after reaching some speed. for example, huey has almost no rain drops after 40 knots. i am not expert on this but watching some videos about landing and taking off during rainy conditions, rain is not disappearing completely. rain traces stay all the time as long as rain continues.

plus, some glass fog effect may help reflecting the reality of the weather into the cockpit

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Ok, so I tried with rainy conditions for the first time and these are my views (using CV1 and only tried with Harrier) and some may have been reported in other threads.

I know it’s all work in progress.

Rain still comes through the HAS roof

Rain lands on the hud glass (both front and rear) and are smaller than canopy droplets.

Rain drops are clearly visible on canopy but maybe not the best resolution (could be an effect of the rift res though).

Rain drops on canopy not visible at night even with flashlight switched on which is a shame.

Rain drops do not appear more quickly or slowly depending on how badly it’s chucking it down.

When stationary the drops stay on the canopy where they land for a good period and they don’t drop downwards.

The moment you start to move they disappear much more quickly.

I do not see them trailing bckwards as I accelerate more quickly.

They still look very cool

The sound of them landing on the canopy is excellent.

Overall, I really do like the effect - it’s rather immersive, and once it gets updated and polished, I’ll be flying in the rain most of the time!

Maybe.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Struggling with raindrops' physics is a real challenge to me. :)

ED has lots of work to do about that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they's sell it as an ad-on. No kidding. Simulating those drops will not easy!

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

@ Havremonster. Make sure to enable them in the settings, also it doesn't work with every plane yet.

1)  Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 / i9 13900K @ 5,5 Ghz / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 4090 / 2 x 4 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 2 x 1 TB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / Meta Quest Pro

2)  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming / i9 10900K @ 4,9 Ghz / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 / 1 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 500 GB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / HP Reverb G2

So it sounds like the issue with the rain on the hud glass should be easily solvable. Just make that glass texture like the canopies of the planes that have not been updated and it does not work for now. And apply the change to only the canopy glass texture. I mean this should be an easy fix.

Also, it will be a real shame if the other modules don't see this for a long time..if never. There are many other good improvement tips by other posters here that should be looked into. The effect is a good start but I really hope they do not again, feel that it is just good enough and backlog the further work on it. Keep working on it please. It can get better with some eye for detail used in creating it. Details man, it is all in the freakin details.

The other day i was siting on the runway and did the same.

Do try to roll around they even slide over the canopy in wind direction. :-)

I did the same! for long time! and I smok inside the cockpit,

IT is so calm in my mind, only hear the rain drop hit canopy........................

the whole world is calm down.........

so .......good

that is my Flight simulation dream

I guess it's pretty cool. It works in the F15C. On my system they disappear pretty quickly when you start to take off. They look amazing for the brief period I can see them. This feature only seems to work when I'm going slow at the airport, so it's really useless eyecandy. I'm uisng a 1060 6GB card and playing in VR. Do 1070, 1080 and 1080ti cards show the rain effects the entire time the plane is in flight?

Nope . The same with 1070 here

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5