Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mhe

So far after 3 flights, your slimmed down Export files works fine for the F18 Capt Z profile. Thanks.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Did you set your resolution to reflect your total display area? For instance my 2nd monitor is set below my main monitor in the Windows Screen Resolution window. So my total monitor in DCS is 1920x2160. You have to also set this in the options menu of DCS.

+1. That was the problem I had. I failed to realize that because I didn't adjust this it wasn't working. After I adjusted my resolution mine now works.

All up and running. My setup is as follows....

Primary display = 2560 x 1440

Secondary display = 1920 x 1080 (on the right)

In game settings...

Total resolution = 4480 x 1440

Full screen unchecked

Monitor config file:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('2_monitors_FA18C');

Description = 'Right, Left, RWR, IFEI, UFC, and AMPCD in right monitor'

--TOTAL DEL VIEWPORT

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 2560;

height = 1440;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 16/9;

}

}

--LEFT

F18_LEFT =

{

x = 2842;

y = 200;

width = 389;

height = 373;

}

--RIGHT

F18_RIGHT =

{

x = 3821;

y = 200;

width = 389;

height = 373;

}

-- RWR

F18_RWR =

{

x = 4070;

y = 734;

width = 183;

height = 183;

}

--AMPCD

F18_AMPCD =

{

x = 3340;

y = 690;

width = 362;

height = 352;

}

--UFC

F18_UFC =

{

x = 3300;

y = 27;

width = 461;

height = 263;

}

--IFEI

F18_IFEI =

{

x = 2717;

y = 754;

width = 524;

height = 203;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Edited by MustangSally

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Glad to hear! I have not had time to even check this out yet,, but will soon! Great input guys,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Since I get quite a bit of FPS loss with the default CaptZeen Export.lua with all the bells and whistles, I created and tested a stripped down version that just supports the F18C and the A10C. Performance is significantly improved in my tests (slightly more FPS but a BIG reduction in frametime fluctuations).

Next step will be splitting apart the whole script into separate files to make sure only what you actually need does even get parsed by the engine.

See attached file and make sure you uncomment the lines in the end for SRS, TacView, Ikarus etc in case you are running these tools.

I'll post results as I am making progress. Please let me know if this increases performance for you guys.

Hey Mhe,

I replaced Cpt Zeen's with your's and found that no switch or indicator would work. I'm now back with Capt Zeen's and all is good.

Hey Mhe,

I replaced Cpt Zeen's with your's and found that no switch or indicator would work. I'm now back with Capt Zeen's and all is good.

I was wondering the same thing recently and found out that the script works perfectly but the multiplayer server I was on simply forbid ANY kind of export (not even TacView would work), so that might have been the issue in your case as well?

Just to be sure, please try again with a local instant action session so we can make sure I'm not hunting ghosts here.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Anyone using helios + this profile on another client to connect with sim computer via lan\wifi network?

I suppose this is possible via helios?

It is possible in terms of Helios, however we cannot export displays over the network, so you wouldn't see any DDIs, AMPCDs, RWR info etc.

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

I was wondering the same thing recently and found out that the script works perfectly but the multiplayer server I was on simply forbid ANY kind of export (not even TacView would work), so that might have been the issue in your case as well?

Just to be sure, please try again with a local instant action session so we can make sure I'm not hunting ghosts here.

Yep, only multiplayer

Yep, only multiplayer

Then it is down to server rules - if the server forces a disable of Export.lua then there is little you can do about it other than talking to the admins. There has been cheating with Exports so this is the reason why this option is there. I have successfully tested this in Multiplayer as well but you have to allow export sensors and export objects in the server rules (advanced settings when you create your own servers, it is not allowed by default).

If the server does not allow these, Helios cannot work as the Export.lua doesn't even get called by the DCS client. It is a limitation we will have to live with unfortunately unless ED decides to support our touchscreen interfaces officially - which would be awesome.

Then it is down to server rules - if the server forces a disable of Export.lua then there is little you can do about it other than talking to the admins. There has been cheating with Exports so this is the reason why this option is there. I have successfully tested this in Multiplayer as well but you have to allow export sensors and export objects in the server rules (advanced settings when you create your own servers, it is not allowed by default).

If the server does not allow these, Helios cannot work as the Export.lua doesn't even get called by the DCS client. It is a limitation we will have to live with unfortunately unless ED decides to support our touchscreen interfaces officially - which would be awesome.

Hmmmm, then why does Capt Zeens export.lua work in MP and not yours?

Swapped it out, jumped back in MP and everything works. Our server has exports enabled.

Edit: It's only the switches and indicator lights that don't function. Both DDI's, MCD, UFC and EIFI are fine.

Edited by MustangSally

Good question, I'll look into that. We are talking Hornet/Hog here, do we? Because the stripped version only supports those two, the rest have been removed for testing/performance purposes.

I'll get back to you once I have managed to modularize the script a bit more.

Good question, I'll look into that. We are talking Hornet/Hog here, do we? Because the stripped version only supports those two, the rest have been removed for testing/performance purposes.

I'll get back to you once I have managed to modularize the script a bit more.

Yep, Hornet/Hog

Cheers and thanks for the effort.

Here's my setup.....

Suzn6g.jpg

Fair enough... but the button works right?

As far as I know yes, but I have never tried it in practice.

So after yesterday's patch I can confirm it makes no longer a difference whether you run the full Export.lua or the stripped down version I made before. Performance suffers again. :/

Nice work!

By the way MPCD font resolution is too low. Shader line draw as wire code makes the line clearer but it still look ugly. Especially the texts and symbols over color map are almost unreadable. I hope ED fix MPCD display rendering like A10C style.

Just updated to Windows 10 now Helios will not install at all. It is asking about .net framework client profile 2.0. I have the latest .net framework. EDIT (Fixed by enabling .net 2.0 in Windows Features and Downloading DirectX runtime)

NEW PROBLEM. The side panel buttons appear when pressed but do not stay on. They disappear instantly.

Any ideas?

Edited by Womb_Raider

Intel I9 9900K, Asus Prime Z390-P, 32 GB GDDR4, GeForce RTX 2080, 1TB Samsung SDD, TM WartHog, Oculus Rift/TrackIR 5

Products: FC3/F-5/F-16/F-18/F-14/Persian Gulf/Nevada

Just updated to Windows 10 now Helios will not install at all. It is asking about .net framework client profile 2.0. I have the latest .net framework. EDIT (Fixed by enabling .net 2.0 in Windows Features and Downloading DirectX runtime)

NEW PROBLEM. The side panel buttons appear when pressed but do not stay on. They disappear instantly.

Any ideas?

Are you using a touch screen?

check you windows optionfor the touch screen

Are you using a touch screen?

check you windows optionfor the touch screen

It works when I double click the tabs. Windows 7 let me just tap them once. No setting in the Tablet PC settings helps this.

Intel I9 9900K, Asus Prime Z390-P, 32 GB GDDR4, GeForce RTX 2080, 1TB Samsung SDD, TM WartHog, Oculus Rift/TrackIR 5

Products: FC3/F-5/F-16/F-18/F-14/Persian Gulf/Nevada

Capt Z

Looking forward to next week when supposedly exporting will be allowed and hopefully, the MFDs will become more readable.

I would appreciate it if in your next version, that you consider making the buttons that bring up side panels a little larger. I keep hitting the wrong button. Perhaps you could list them left to right instead of in a line and make them a little bigger.

Thanks

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .