Edtracker bindings

BentleyW12

I use an Edtracker pro wireless through Opentrack when playing War Thunder and it works very well. I have tried to use the same in DCS but have been unable to get it to work. Grateful if someone would tell me which bindings need to be set and how to set them. I'm very much a newbie and need to be lead step by step. I use a PC with Windows 10, Thrustmaster Warthog throttles and stick and Crosswind rudder pedals. This is also my first forum post ever, hope I haven't broken any rules!

Welcome to the forums Bentlley.

I'm not familiar with Edtracker pro at all. I use TRACKIR (V4) - V5 is the most current.

Note that my TRACKIR is auto detected by DCS, and DCS also automatically sets up the binds. I don't thing I've ever had to adjust TRACKIR inside DCS (just the profile withing the TRACKIR software).

If you go to "Options" (little cog symbol at the top of the main screen) and then select the settings for your particular aircraft (first drop down selection box) and then select "Axis" from the second drop down box). You should then hopefully see your Edtracker listed along with your other controllers.

I have enclosed an image of my binds for the F/A-18C. Note the TRACKIR binds. You can tune the assigned axis using the "Axis Tune" button down the bottom.

Hope this helps.

39020475_TrackIRBinds.thumb.PNG.75d31763c41356e4e9949f0e792b2d9f.PNG

I use EDTracker (EDT) though the wired version but I guess it should be mostly the same. In your Opentrack DCS profile set the output as 'freetrack 2.0 Enhanced' or similar and in the settings for that output select 'Use TrackIR, hide FreeTrack'. In DCS, the EDT should show up as a controller but you don't need it because the default TrackIR settings, as per Phantom453's image, will be working with EDT so make sure and clear all the EDT bindings.

Hope that helps.

Many thanks Phantom and Stickleback, all is now up and running. The two bindings I needed to set were in Axis Commans: Absolute Camera Horizontal View set to JOY X and Absolute Camera Vertical View set to JOY Y. Easy when you know how! Thanks again