Res. of Cockpit Displays?

iKyrThraad993i

I have mine set at 512 (not 512 every frame). I can't really visually see a significant difference between that and higher settings in VR. Higher settings, at one time, did affect frame rates pretty badly when the TGP is turned on in the A-10C. I think that has been fixed at this point, but I've never seen a reason to go back to a higher setting than 512.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

It's less stuttering and more of a flicker when it goes from 1024 to 512 and back sometimes.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Skatezilla: I read your comment and understand that when not set to "every frame", the resolution is not always the same ? (as opposed to what I thought : when not set to "every frame", the image was not refreshed every game frame)

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Unless you zoom in fully so that the MFD takes up all of the screen height in 1080p, and you just cant live without the increased detail sharpness in that zoomed in view, then running 1024 is overkill imo.

Oh, and as mentioned, it effects the rendered resolution of your MFD 'cameras'. TGP, FLIR etc.

Didnt know about the effect of the mirror rendering - been a while since Ive had those on :).

Edited by Knock-Knock

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |